The Hornshoppe Forum
October 17, 2019, 05:29:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acoustic Solid and Ed's UFO  (Read 804 times)
Henry

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2019, 02:34:58 AM »

My wife loves David Bowie and we got the Glastonbury 2000 live album recently.  She snapped this grainy shot with her fancy phone to commemorate its first go round.  The UFO by Hagerman is great for finicky turntables that vary speed due to the room temperature (crazy tight machining tolerances).

Anyway, here's the pic:

Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 07:30:56 PM »

Henry, my Pioneer PL-530 is not "quartz locked" and I get the "pleasure" of adjusting it's speed before and during playback. I love it. It is so stupid and such a pain in the ass but hey, the thing was made about '77  (in the 20th Century)  so I'm happy. Smiley
Ed
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »

Ed, what happened to the U-Turn table?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 11:06:32 PM »

Hey Steve, I gave it to Sidney along with Tony's Marantz 1060. I built her the 2 way Heils and a bucket sub. Using an HSU amp from PE for the sub. Her stereo kicks ass.

I bought the PL-530 back in '77 I think and gave it to Mom and Tommy in the early 80's. Mom died a couple years ago and Tommy died last month so it came back home to me.

It's a fine piece and fully automatic. I can get drunk and not screw up the needle or record! That was not the case with the Orbit Smiley

Ed

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: