The Hornshoppe Forum
August 24, 2019, 02:02:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: new speaker  (Read 703 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 08:02:35 PM »

Hey JC, The  NAHS Mark 4:20 Inspired is a dual driver 6 1/2 sealed (Sidney's are single 6 1/2 inch aperiodic with great Heil) using the Great Heil for the top. The xover is 1st order series type (No digital amps need apply!). I added an L pad tonight to The Heil to get an idea of how much to pad it down if any. This is an exceptional speaker and other than the Heil is dirt cheap. It sounds "powerful" at all levels. Maybe I'll actually measure it! Don't count on that  happening anytime soon because i don't care! Compared to The Horns it is on equal footing as much as it pains me to admit it. It's efficient, easy to drive any will play at insane levels.....sounds like my "favorite speaker", eh? Smiley

More as time goes on...........all will be revealed. I have something else in mind that may be "almostas good" and almost free (well, in the high end world).
Ed

johnnycopy

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 08:31:20 PM »

Thanks Ed,

I honestly have to say you make this hobby alot more fun than it would be without your knowledge, products, and willingness to share.

I have the truth, four of your bucket subs and a crown amp playing great tunes daily

I have both a tube amp (dennis had) and a big beefy sanders magtech solid state waiting to drive whatever you come up with!

Looking forward to hearing more about both new projects.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: