The Hornshoppe Forum
July 20, 2019, 12:28:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Truth with gain review...The T-4 May 1 2019  (Read 860 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 30, 2019, 04:54:35 PM »

Thank you Arthur, once again, for taking the time to listen and write about The Truth. I am very humbled.
Ed
http://www.high-endaudio.com/RECENT.html#March
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 04:59:34 PM »

Ed, you beat me to it. Just read the reviews. Congrats.

steve
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 06:53:21 PM »

Thanks Steve, I don't get advance text. I had no idea what was coming but I did have a hint it would not be "bad".

I can't thank Arthur enough for having the trust in a small fish like me and the very nice things he's said.
Ed
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 11:47:17 PM »

I feel honored to be considered a friend of the manufacturer of the BEST PRE-AMP manufacturer in the world.  Grin Grin Grin
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »

What is the price of T-4?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 09:01:50 PM »

Hi Audiostar,  I was and still am not sure.

I just got the first xformers last week.  I am going to build the buffer and xformers as an outboard unit  first. This will allow me to make  some tests and see if maybe it might be a good idea  to offer it this way as well as have it internal.

Regardless I have enough xformers to make both internal and external units. I'll build the "T-4" with internals as soon as I get breathing room. The external gain stage will be easy to slide in to my "schedule" and will get the ball rolling. Unless it is spectacular I'll just take it apart and use it to make a "T-4" as soon as I can.

The "T-4"  requires a larger box. Converting any existing unit would need the larger box as well. This is not really a big deal.

I guess it will come down to whether an extra box would be a problem and whether there is any compromise in SQ. I see no reason to agonize over an extra set of IC's.

The extra box would only allow gain on just one input but the "T-4" can be all of them or just one.

More as time marches on...........
Ed
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »

A very belated Congratulations on the review, Ed.

I saw your post months ago, and, for some reason, assumed I'd already read the review. Additionally, I also assumed (yes, yes, I know), after reading another old post, that the step-up idea wasn't going to work as well as you'd hoped. That mistaken impression stuck, until I actually read the review the other day. That's exciting news.

I've got a few things going on the next few weeks, but will check with you in early August to see what your schedule looks like. As an FYI, Ed suggested I bring my Truth to him several months ago, to be upgraded to the latest version (I bought one of the first few), but didn't, for no damn good reason. Reading the review was the incentive I needed, even if it turns out I won't require the transformers.

Once again, congratulations on the review.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: