The Hornshoppe Forum
August 24, 2019, 01:31:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Hornfest 2019"  (Read 1364 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 16, 2019, 10:29:30 PM »

Well, this has been a tough one. As the years have gone by HFest has degenerated (not a complete bad thing) into a party among friends. We just were not sure if we should do it again. Now, keep in mind, it was never about "selling stuff" but rather we just wanted to see the folks who have supported us and as an opportunity for some stupidity and fun.

So with that is mind...........yea, the house  will be open. The 1st weekend in May as it has always been (2-4th).

We'd love to see all of you who have come in the past and of course anyone else who would like to participate in a little audio and lots of stupidity and maybe a little fun.

I just got 8 tubes for The Beasts, have new Heils, and of course the best line stage on the planet and that is The Truth (pun intended)! Bring anything you want and we'll hook it up but keep in mind this year will be all about seeing folks and less about audio.............I would guess.

Ed
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 03:41:22 PM »

OK, Its looking like can make it, just waiting for a word back from Rich to cover for me. Not sure if I can get there on Thursday, we'll see...John 

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 05:10:07 PM »

Ah... fest time again.  I'll be there simply for the need of refreshing my Hindi (Leesville Lodge).  Cheesy
Randy in Caintuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 06:38:45 AM »

Greetings all,

If everything goes as planned, I will be there on Friday and Saturday …..  Smiley

Looking forward to seeing some old friends (and maybe a few that I haven't met yet) …..  Cool

Randy

CEC TL-5 belt drive CD transport
Camelot Uther DAC with Anagram upgrade
Windows 10 tablet / AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC
Decware SE84UFO, the Spud, Flea Watt and custom 300B amplifiers
Caintuck Audio Betsy open baffle speakers
Caintuck Audio Alpha open baffle subs
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 06:50:15 PM »

Excellent! We can't wait to see you guys again.
Ed
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 08:29:56 AM »

Sorry for my late "RSVP", but I had to wait to find out my brother's plans. I found out last night that he's coming down from Ohio this weekend, so I won't be able to make it.

Have fun!
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 11:30:40 AM »

Tod, that is the shittiest excuse I have ever heard. Why would you not bring him to the party? Are you embarrassed of us hicks and hayseeds? Smiley
Ed
Randy in Caintuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 07:51:41 AM »

Hi John (2wo),

Is there any chance that you still own that excellent 45 amplifier that I heard a few years ago ?
If so, please bring it with you to the Fest.

Best wishes,
Randy

Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 01:07:45 PM »

Present.

Headed that way in a few!
Randy in Caintuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 07:02:49 AM »

Howdy everyone,

I rolled into my driveway at 9:00 PM last night after two very fine days at HornFest 2019 …..  Cool

It was so good to see some of the regular attendees ….. but a few were MIA …..   Sad

The "Southern Hospitality" was excellent as usual and Helen was charming as always, putting up with this crazy bunch …..  Grin

Happily, John brought his latest 45 SET amplifier and it did not disappoint ….. SUPERB !!!

The rocket launch (in the rain) was the best ever ….. straight up and nearly out of visual contact.

Thanks again for a great get together,
Randy

Henry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 11:58:33 AM »

Thanks to Helen and Ed.  I had a great time just being there and I'll bet others did as well.  For us old guys, it's going home.  Anyway, the foods and the moods were always fine.  I missed the rocket (go figure) but heard it was excellent.  

John's 45 amp is very, very good.  I'd go a solid grade A although it's a wimpy 45.  Great tube and fine amp.  The impact and tone were wonderful.  

Randy's small OBs are an example of things that shouldn't work.  They can throw holographs at 8'.

Ed's Truth preamp is still topping my list of "things that can't work".  Wink

Henry
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 12:04:15 PM by Henry » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: