The Hornshoppe Forum
June 16, 2019, 11:39:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Used Crown XLS 2502 on ebay 04/10/2019  (Read 225 times)
Eric Brodersen

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2019, 10:41:36 AM »

Seller chucklevins has Crown Audio XLS 2502 on ebay used for $375 with free shipping.
I just ordered one for my two bucket subs. Three available right now. Still love the buckets Ed.
Eric Brodersen
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 11:39:18 AM »

You'll enjoy the 2502 amp.  I have a pair and the cooler looking black face, less intrusive display and selectable input sensitivity make the "2" version very nice for home audio. 

BTW... aside from the input sensitivity options, the 2501's are functionally the same and worthy of a look if the price is right.  The blue death ray display can be tamed with some window tint, etc.  Wink
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 08:32:48 AM »

"less intrusive display"

I was VERY happy when I found out that I could completely turn off my XLS 2002 display. My God, is that thing bright!
On another note, I had to see if Ed was right about the sound of these Crowns used full range. I hooked the 2002 up to my Horns when I got it, and I'll repeat, "My God, is that thing bright!"

One last note, an FYI if anyone's seeking the information. Crown doesn't list the input impedance, so I wrote their engineering department. Their reply was:

"The input impedance for the XLS series is

Input Impedance (nominal) : 20k ohms balanced, 10k ohms unbalanced"

Not an issue when using The Truth, of course, but not good when using my tube preamps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: