The Hornshoppe Forum
March 20, 2019, 08:06:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tone arm repair Help!  (Read 129 times)
Steve F

View Profile Email
« on: March 05, 2019, 03:43:58 PM »

I recently bought a Lostre GST 801 arm. I need to have the cuing mechanism repaired. Anyone know of a good repair guy? They were made by Acros and distributed by Sumiko. Legend has it that someone bought out the inventory, and more or less disappeared.  So I need someone who can fix what looks like a cam drive lever.

I’m now convinced that you should only buy SME arms. They are way too expensive but they maintain parts and service.
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 01:44:46 PM »

Question: Ed, Henry, and anyone else who deals with small parts. Where do you buy miniature screws in metric threads? I would like to get an assortment... I’m thinking about bothering watch repair and gunsmith guys.

I’m home with a very broken foot, so I decided to repair the tonearm, and also build one from available hobby parts. What can I say, I’m getting bored. I can sit on a stool and make stuff though.

steve f
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 03:57:34 PM »

Amazon has assortment sets, if you cant find what you need try McMaster Carr. Not sure if they have assortment packs but they have everything else...John 

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »

Thanks John. My problem is the screws in question are so damned small. I’m used to cars and motorcycles. That’s why I’m thinking assortment. It’s a miniature jigsaw puzzle.
steve
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: