The Hornshoppe Forum
November 13, 2018, 09:59:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new review, I never saw coming!  (Read 195 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: November 04, 2018, 08:16:31 PM »

Well, I'm pretty sure Roger told me he wrote for TNT Canada. He paid full price as he was buying it for himself and as with everyone, he knew he could send it back if not happy.

He never gave me a heads up on this review!

http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/the_truth_e.html

Thank you Roger, I am shocked.....you could have given me a little warning. Smiley
Ed
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 07:02:12 AM »

Saw it this morning on my Smart phone, since you also posted it on FB.

Congrats to another great review. Maybe the Horn Shoppe sone become the Truth Shoppe  Grin Grin Grin Grin
tfoust1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 11:09:05 AM »

Such a good review!  Not just what it said but the fairness in the way it presented. 

I love my Naked Truth and I'm happy to finally get a look inside one.  The neat thing about it is that if you think you need a custom knob collection you can knock yourself out replacing the original ones.

I like to compare using the the Truth with watching The Wizard of Oz.  With the Truth you don't have to look behind the curtain to meet the wizard.
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 02:45:08 AM »

Another believer!

Regarding the knobs, I think they are a good fit.  The different shapes make operation intuitive and no markers are needed for the selector.
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 02:41:57 PM »

I'm with Henry on this one, I never reach for the wrong knob...John

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 02:29:29 AM »

One more thing about knobbies... I do like the volume knob on mine a little better than the black.  It's a satin finished silver that's smooth and simple, and looks really good.  Maybe that could be another choice for a few more dollars... or Ed could simply supply the part number for those of us obsessing over such silly things.  Huh

I just like the satin silver against the black chassis, no bling but a little less retro IMO.  Smiley
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 05:45:51 AM »

I ordered mine in a black metal case many years ago. Bought the know of eBay.

Unfortunately the black face plate has changed color toward purple. Probably was not UV resistant. Maybe one day I'll 'paint' the face plate black again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: