The Hornshoppe Forum
October 20, 2018, 01:45:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We just buried Esparta..........  (Read 186 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: September 17, 2018, 09:12:33 PM »

Y'all know we think of you guys as family so we share the good and bad. We lost a dear member of ours today/tonight. Helen is very upset. Esparta was one of the last Turkish Van cats. Tweetie is our last. She is very old too.

Esparta had gotten a bladder infection and was leaking and so confined to bathroom. I was to pick up a very powerful antibiotic shot for him tomorrow (today now). He had this before. I checked on him in the afternoon and he seemed fine. Neither of us checked on him again until about 11:30 tonight  and he was gone. It's about 12:00 when I started writing this. Helen is very upset she did not go see him when she got home from work. I can do nothing to ease that pain. I wish I'd have checked on him again too. I can't fix that either and no matter, he was going to die. Even though I can work this out it still hurts like HELL to lose our buddy.

Esparta was a Turkish Van and he won many awards in cat shows. He was a bad ass. We are not sure of his exact age but I have a plaque from a cat show in 1995 he won. He probably was a few years old then. He was a very loving cat and we loved him dearly. He loved anyone who would allow him on their lap.

Ed

Henry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:19:45 PM »

I'm so sorry Ed.  He was a great cat.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: