The Hornshoppe Forum
October 21, 2018, 10:10:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My lazy Glock...  (Read 425 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: August 05, 2018, 08:52:25 PM »

Today, I placed my Glock 9mm pistol on the table right next to my front door. I left its full magazine beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.
While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor next door mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the ”stop” sign at the end of the road.
After several hours, I checked on the gun and it was quietly sitting there, right where I had left it. It had not moved itself outside. It had not killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do that. In fact, it had not even loaded itself.
Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the media, about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong, or I’m in possession of the laziest gun in the world.
The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the world.
HOWEVER, if you take out just 5 ’left-wing’ cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, St Louis, and New Orleans — the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the ENTIRE world, for murders.
These 5 cities are controlled by Democrats. They also have the toughest gun control laws in the USA.
It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?
Well, I’m off to check on my spoons. I hear they’re making people fat!
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:18:51 AM »

Thanks for sharing your experiment.  Your result didn't surprise me because it's the same as what I've seen elsewhere.  But then the opposition would say something like "Not all guns are created equal...".
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »

Bring on that 3-D printer!!!
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 09:23:01 PM »

Sonic, I am sad to report I had the same result with my silenced 300 BLK and takedown Ruger .22 (with silencer of course). I must have the laziest guns in the world and you are correct "not all guns are created equal", apparently. The ones the "left" seem to own  wreak all kinds of havoc. It seems that even though I have (LEGAL!) silencers they still did not give the guns any motivation at all to act badly.

Henry, LOL......that whole thing is stupid! On so many levels! Anyone that thinks a plastic 3-d printed gun is a good idea needs to shoot a real gun! You know what I mean! Nobody needs a printer to make a legal gun from scratch...and if it is made of metal it may not blow up on the second shot! Smiley

I do love the fact that the idea has the left so excited about a non-issue! To me it is just a little glimpse into their minds. They have not a clue.

I am so amused at the idea of 3 D printed guns I just can't convey it. It is just soooooo stupid. It's a novelty at best and one that could seriously injure a fellow crazy enough to print and fire any plastic gun unless it has more than enough metal to make it safe and since that is the case I'm pretty sure no printed gun will ever equal a Glock. Which is why I have 2.

Henry, I know you were joking, since you have actually fired a gun and own one. Smiley Think about that 40 cal. going off in a printed gun Smiley. I see a use for them however, all criminals should have them. After they blow their hand off they will have a tougher time being a criminal!
Ed

Henry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 09:33:48 PM »

Yep, I'm going to invest in a five figure plastic extrusion device to make a five dollar pistol.  It defies logic and I like it because it whips up the media hacks. 

Life continues to amuse even at my age and state.  Grin
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 10:03:04 PM »

Henry, LOL. WTF are people thinking? Just because you can do something does not make it a good idea! Smiley You really can legally make a real gun from scratch. I agree, the best thing about all this is the stupidity of the folks trying to stop it. They can not. They should encourage it............that's the best way to end it. Smiley A few dozen YT videos of "fails" should be all it takes to convince sane people that at this time with the tech. available to "normal" people it is just something to waste time and money on. Any gun that will not blow up will contain more than enough metal to be detectable by any low tech metal detector. So why bother? It amuses me too. Smiley
Ed
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 04:17:44 PM »

I think the plastic gun thing would work if you used that kind of plastic they use to encapsulate every damn thing you buy these days. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes of slashing (and risking cutting your hands off) with a boxcutter just to get a product out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: