The Hornshoppe Forum
April 26, 2018, 05:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sidney  (Read 217 times)
audiostar

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2018, 06:53:35 PM »

Is Sidney done with school?  What is she doing?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:33:18 PM »

Hey Audiostar, so nice of you to ask! She will graduate next Dec. She is doing great in both grades and social life. She's hooked up with some of the nicest nerds in the world. Both the guys and girls. They are all best of friends and look out for each other like a pack of dogs. I actually feel "ok" with regard to worrying about her safety and such. Those kids give me hope things may be "ok". They are damn fine young nerds.

My only concern is that they are all complete nerds. All 6 of them combined almost make a competent person from my generation! Make no mistake, they are far from incompetent in what they are studying and school but if they (all 6 working together) had to put a set of brake pads on a car (something I could do at 15) and gave them all the tools and instructions I'd be on the phone with them for an hour describing what should happen in 10 minutes! That is assuming they could figure out how to safely jack the car up and get the tire off. I'd not bet they could accomplish that goal!

Bless their hearts. Smiley

Helen and I are really wanting her to come home for a little while after school. We miss her so much and just want her home for a little while before she moves on to her grown up life. Pretty sure we'll have little say in that, she'll do exactly what she wants to do, always has and probably always will. Heaven help her husband.
Ed

Henry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:21:56 AM »

Ed, you're a lucky man having Helen and Sidney in your life.   Grin
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »

It takes a lot of work and money to raise good kids.  Do not expect them to be like you!  You sacrifice a lot to take care of them.  And even at age 5 school is serious business.   So what you are going to be when you grow up...

An engineer, construction.............bum.  Life is what you put into it.  Garbage in garbage out.  I'm out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: