The Hornshoppe Forum
November 16, 2018, 08:55:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HornFest 2018 ?  (Read 2512 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: February 18, 2018, 01:06:44 AM »

Well, Helen said if we are going to do it at least give the guys warning. As the years have gone by the "HornFest" has become more of a party among friends than an "audio fest". This is a good thing. It was never about us "selling stuff" but rather a get together of us crazy "audiophiles" and an opportunity for us to meet the folks that have supported us and anyone else that likes audio and stupidity. The fact that you guys bring stuff to hear is a good thing too! Smiley It was never  a "sales event" or an effort to sell anything as far as we were concerned. It was about meeting and being with you guys that have supported us and about meeting new folks with like interests...audio, guns, beer, fireworks..... and fun.

As always, we welcome everyone but sure hope you "regulars" will make the trip.

I'd love to be educated on the streaming tech.

Please let us know if you have any interest in showing up in SC in May for some audio and stupidity. First weekend in May.
Ed
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 09:29:45 PM »

That's a go for me.  I need my Horn fix.  Smiley
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 09:15:23 AM »

I'm certainly no tech head, but I may have a cheapo Topping usb dac and we could use my tidal hifi account to try out.  I may pick it up at the PO this week, maybe not. 

Just a thought.  Maybe someone can help me figure out what to do with it...

I do like tidal, it is really okay with Chromecast audio.  I like the no-wires aspect between it and the laptop.

Henry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 06:11:21 PM »

I got the little Topping today and it sounded really good even with the cheap supplied usb cable.  I'll bring it along with a Chromebook for grins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: