The Hornshoppe Forum
December 13, 2018, 07:40:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Review coming, EXPANDED preview here!  (Read 4023 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: December 04, 2017, 08:39:50 AM »

Well it looks like the review is not long away! Here is a preview...............

http://www.high-endaudio.com/RECENT.html#Nov

Thanks again, Mr. Salvatore!
Ed
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:00:35 PM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:08:53 AM »

Looking forward to another rave review.

However, I feel no need of upgrading my T1 TRUTH. It's just that good.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »

Hey D. , there is no guarantee of that! I have no idea what will be written about the results of the tests. I hope it's positive but let me say right now, the fancy wire is very expensive. Maybe it wrings out the last little bit I can get from the circuit? I do not know, that is why the review is coming! One thing for sure, as always, I can make any Truth like any of the ones mentioned, none are obsolete as far as being able to be "upgraded" to any version in the review.
Ed
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 06:38:36 PM »

Other than gain, I can't see it getting better (at least for my up and downstream components and ICs).  I'm good with what I have, just like the Capt.  Grin

I will say the Truth has done wonders for the AVA Ultravalve amp.  That's a great combo.
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 06:38:11 PM »

Where is the new review?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 11:48:15 PM »

Hey Audiostar, I reckon Mr. Salvatore will publish when he's ready. He does not give me advance copy or warning. I've not spoken with him since before Christmas but that is not unusual because as I said I have no input in his thoughts. I have 2 sets of fancy xformers we will use in the next experiment for trying to get "gain with no pain".

The other wrinkle is I've not been in great shape for experimenting and doing stuff other than what I had to get done. I got the shingles right after New Years. The damn things were a drag and still are to some extent. They made me very tired and the pain and itching kept me awake so I was wiped out all of Jan. and most of this month. It was the fatigue that bothered me most and it was a combination of the virus and the lack of sleep. Pain and itching while awake was not a big deal.

Coming back to life and I hope to have some time and energy to devote the the next xformer experiment!
Ed
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »

Shingles is no laughing matter unless you are a comedian.  You should have gotten the shingles shot.  I did.  Please get well.
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »

Shingles is no laughing matter unless you are a comedian.  You should have gotten the shingles shot.  I did.  Please get well.

Yes on the shot.  I hope to in April.  I had a minor case and it will make you feel bad for a while.  Ed had something I don't want to experience. 

Getting old has rewards and setbacks.  Here's to the rewards.  Wink
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »

I was going to get the shingles shot when I got the flu shot, but they said you had to wait 30 days. So it has been 4 months now, guess I need to do it. I've heard shingles  are only good on the roof! I've been dealing with lower back pain and sciatica since Thanksgiving and it is not going away by itself. Dr. Appt. Tues., hopefully some flexeril and some time off will help. Sucks getting old.
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 04:37:29 PM »

Best wishes Tony, I hope you feel better soon.  Grin
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 11:18:03 PM »

Hey Tony, better heal up before May. Smiley

Ok, the review will be out very soon, this weekend or early next week. The delay was just due to Arthur changing his system around and waiting on his speakers and other stuff to happen. I reckon he'll describe the changes to his system but I do not know for sure.

I have no idea what he'll say. We don't talk about that. I have no idea what his opinion on the silver unicrystal vs. the copper unicrystal.

I'm very anxious to see what he thinks of the dual supplies and fancy wire. Nothing else can be done to the circuit that will improve it. So, this is it, other than a fancy case there is nothing else i can do to make it actually "better".
Ed
theophile

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 02:57:43 AM »

This will be interesting.

Turntable - Yamaha GT 2000
Cartridge - Soundsmith The Voice (ebony).
Phono stage - Moon LP 5.3
Preamp - Hornshoppe The Truth
Speakers - KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitors
Mohd

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 05:25:35 AM »

Well it looks like the review is not long away! Here is a preview...............

http://www.high-endaudio.com/RECENT.html#Nov

Thanks again, Mr. Salvatore!
Ed
Mohd

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 05:55:08 AM »

I recently purchased the Truth Pre. It has been about 2 to 3 weeks since I installed the Truth in my system.
The front end is a JC Verdier la platine with a step up going thru Zesto phono amp. My pre amps for the last few years has been passive. I had the Bent Audio and replaced a with a TVC made by a local guru. I also had many active pre amps including a FM
I am convinced the Truth is the best purchase I have made. The noise level is pretty low. I hear more details and good extension at both ends. What surprised my friends that whilst it’s transparent it is also full bodied. The dynamics are awesome. I am sure two of my friends would go for the Truth in matter of time.
My digital front is the Denon professional CD player 961 and my amps are Gamut mono blocks driving the Spendors Classic 200.
The Truth timber and soundstaging are excellent too. I play a lot of Indian Fusion music and I need the speed and the slam. The truth are very generous in this department. I am not putting anything on top as I found that it adds to congestion when complexity comes in. I am enjoying the Truth .

The only grouse I have is the top plate is not metal. These are my initial findings.
Mohd
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 10:09:51 AM »

Thanks Mohd, the top is metal......aluminum in fact! Also, if you turn yours over it is blue like the front! I thought it looked better with the black side out.
Welcome aboard.
Ed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: