The Hornshoppe Forum
November 13, 2018, 10:11:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Review is here!  (Read 1321 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: March 28, 2018, 11:16:29 PM »

All I can say is "wow". I had no idea what would be said. I don't get a preview! I was surprised at the results of the copper vs. silver. I was not on board with the silver at first but have come to the conclusion in my system I do think the silver is a "good thing" although I have not wired mine with it and not even with the VH copper. My "reference" is a single power supply, regular wire, just like 95% of them.

All can be upgraded to any level but honestly if you're happy now, why bother. I will not be upgrading mine! The changes made were just the natural evolution of the thing. Nothing can be done to the actual circuit to make it "better", no fancy parts, nothing. That leaves only the selector switch, RCA's, wire and the second supply. The selector is just fine and the RCA's are too. Fancy RCA's in my opinion will not sound any different but may hold up better to a lot of cable swapping. So that only leaves the p/s and wire. With the fancy wire and second supply it's "done". It has reached the "best it can get" stage.

Thank you, Mr. Arthur Salvatore for taking the time and effort to write about my "little baby".

Thanks to all of you guys too who took a chance on a goofball like me and trusted that I'd always be here for you. It means a lot to Helen, Sidney and I. We won't let you down!
Ed

And here we go!  http://www.high-endaudio.com/RECENT.html#Feb

Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 04:45:50 AM »

WOW. Some extreme high praise. But then having the Truth for several years and knowing how well it performs I would not have expected anything less.

The Truth actually made Salvatore's source sound better then using his source without the Truth. Probably due to the buffers.

From the review.............
"The Truth" is always performing at "its very best"; regardless of the input source and/or regardless of the amplifiers and cables it is driving. In short, "The Truth", any model, is never sonically compromised by the components it is used with, no matter how difficult they are to optimize.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:44:10 AM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: