The Hornshoppe Forum
July 19, 2018, 11:53:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish I had balls this big........  (Read 929 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: November 25, 2017, 10:54:12 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg6L_7qLIEQ
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 03:52:05 PM »

I road my motorbike up that, not quite that fast  Cool...John

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »

John, you must at least have very large ones. Mine are extremely small. If I tried that I'd get vertigo and would be found against the bank of the road waiting for someone to take me down. I get dizzy just looking at that road.
Ed
666MadeMeDoIt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »

Story from Brazilian racing driver - Cristiano Da Matta
When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones. 
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 11:16:25 PM »

Wow, just sffin’ wow. As I was watching the video, I was thinking that I don’t heal very fast anymore. I’d like to take something a little more tame up the climb though. Like at about a third the speed.
steve
TerryG

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 11:27:06 PM »

It's a thing......

Any comment filled with egotism, is nothing short of dishonest.

A sincere person doesn't have to prove, he wants to convince to help another.

Commitment is the daily triumph of integrity of over skepticism.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 07:00:09 PM »

Terry, I was thinking of you the other day. That must be your son because I know you are an old fart (like me) now Smiley

I love cars....the list of ours is insane.....just a couple.....'69 428 Cobra Jet Torino........'93 Stang with all the "right stuff"...BBK throttle body, C&L mass air flow, 24 Lb injectors , SVO headers, Lunati cam (a proper one) and the best part was the transmission. It was from my Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. With that trans my first 3 gears were some where around 3:93 and 4th and 5th were as if the trans were stock with the 2:70 something. It was perfect. Saab 9000 Turbo and the Mitsubishi Starion Turbo were both crazy....this is just the start! We LOVE cars we can't afford but somehow manage to get!

For now we just have a Z3, Mazda Miata (with optional hard top!), Mazda 6 V6, '98 Mustang, kia Spectra and a Ranger Truck and the best of all...no shit.....The 2000 Honda Civic Henry gave us when we really needed it a couple years ago. Henry thought it was an "economy car" ....it is.....one with a 7000 rpm redline that will do over 80 mph in third gear. I ran it to just shy of 120 in 4th gear! If it had Z rated tires I'd love to find out what it tops out at. She was still pulling when I let off. Mac has been in that little car and will attest to the insane speeds it will go in each gear but what is crazy is that it pulls so strong you could (and Henry never did go much past this) shift at 3-4K and go through the gears and not have a clue it had a set of fangs when you run it to the redline. It is geared stupidly tall and yet has an insane ability to pull high gears at low rpm. It is amazing for reasons I can't explain. Oh and it gets >30 mpg

That 'Stang looks killer. Mods?
Ed
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 11:42:18 PM »

Hey Ed, I grew up with British cars (Triumphs) and I learned quickly that they were speed ticket magnets.  And they broke quite often.  My dad was a patient man and was very kind.
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 01:00:17 PM »

Henry,
1962 TR4 wire wheels,overdrive.
When it ran it was great fun. Of course you also needed a copy of the bus schedule and a girlfriend with an old Ford.
Lots of stories and great memories with that car.
Ed,
A Miata is a nice car. I don’t fit in them. Less room than my old Triumph for a big guy.
Steve
Edit: BMW makes cars? Former R1100RT owner, LOL.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:05:35 PM by Steve F » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: