The Hornshoppe Forum
June 24, 2018, 01:55:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinning the herd... free stuff for Horn heads and like-minded folks  (Read 792 times)
Henry

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2017, 04:28:44 PM »

I have a way of attracting vintage audio gear and stray cats.   Huh

Anyway, a lady I know has a dad that was getting rid of his stuff to move into a smaller place and she knew I liked things that make noise and consume electricity.  So... I now have a nice pair of Advent 2W speakers that are survivors.  The cones are in good shape and after almost 45 years the woofers still have the original foam and with some love may last a while.  I guess the old guy took it easy on them. 

They look to be bookshelf two ways using two paper cone tweeters and a 6.5" woofer.  The "W" designation means they have walnut vinyl veneer that looks decent for their age.  The grills are black and I don't remember seeing the Advent logos.  They seem to work fine and look original except the grill cloth could have been replaced, but again, they look right.

I live near Charlotte NC and wander off to Ed's house sometimes.  If someone local to those areas wants them, I'll meet you or you can come to pick them up at my house or Ed's (I volunteered Ed as a drop off point without his permission).  No boxes or shipping, they just aren't worth the hassle for me.  I'd drop them off at a charity, but the idea of some jackass ruining a decent pair of old advents makes me cringe.  And screw Craigslist.  Here's a photo I nabbed from the interweb because I'm too lazy to take my own:

I think you need to be logged in to see these weird renditions of Advent.  Just think of the girls conquered while they oozed some Pablo Cruise and Little River Band.  Teamed with an underpowered Marantz receiver and a BIC turntable, they probably rocked the yacht back in the day.  Come on and give them the encore they deserve and let them rock your vessel.  Grin

ALSO... I have a single Optimus Pro 77 from the same guy.  Unfortunately they couldn't locate it's mate.  Done in white metal and in good condition. it may make a test speaker or an extension for a garage radio, etc.  The Pro 77 is the big brother of the more common Minimus 7.  It has a rear port and a hanger.  I may ship this one if someone really wants it, otherwise off to Tabbycat for Humanity.

Just PM or email me...
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 05:48:45 PM »

I am actually not too far from you at the moment, but it may be a little difficult to put them in a suitcase to take with me in two weeks when I return to Spain Sad
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 06:04:17 PM »

I am actually not too far from you at the moment, but it may be a little difficult to put them in a suitcase to take with me in two weeks when I return to Spain Sad

Capt, just get two pet carriers and check them in as pets at the airport.  Wink

Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 07:30:35 PM »

LOL. Left my Pet carriers in Spain  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: