The Hornshoppe Forum
October 20, 2018, 01:05:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The "review" Truth for trade!  (Read 1103 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:08:38 AM »

Well, as many of you know, I love toys. The less useful the better. With that in mind..............  The Truth that Arthur reviewed has come back to me (it's all good, trust me Smiley ) and I was going to sell it but I realized I'd like a toy more than the money. Helen on the other hand is going to kill me but it is what it is. The review Truth has 4 inputs and 2 outputs and remote. It is the old case.

Here's what I want.....  from here, so I can return it if it really sucks!  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/557504/leupold-lto-tracker-thermal-imaging-monocular-6x-digital-zoom-30-hz-matte

Soooooo.....if anyone would like to own the review Truth shoot me e-mail and get me one on the way Smiley

Thanks !
Ed
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »

Ed,

I'm surprised it came back. Unless he is hoping for "The Incredibly Ultimate Truth" version 2.2. Did he give a clue as to when the review is forthcoming?

steve
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »

Hey Steve, it came back for me to "do some things" (top secret). These changes were made based on the Ultimate but do not include the x-formers. Since it was in the original case and was not up to "the current standard" it was just easier to build another with the "changes". All that I have ever built could incorporate these changes assuming they are worthwhile. Time will tell.

The new one does not have gain, that was not the intent and the circuit is identical to them all.

Keep in mind, there is no guarantee of a future review but the possibility exists. We'll see but one thing is for sure, it will not be anytime soon.

Hope this helps!
Ed
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 07:38:40 PM »

How about sell it at full value, buy the toy and some beer Cool...John

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 10:19:08 PM »

Hey John, I think that is the fair price. It is, after all, a used unit and it is in the old style case. Hard to believe it was delivered right at 2 years ago!  If I sold it I'd want about what the toy cost and I'd never buy the toy!

Deal has been made and it's gone, I think.
Ed

Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 08:43:52 AM »

I hear ya Ed. I want to change out the crossover for my speakers. My wife beat me to the cash and bought a recliner and couch. (Well we do need a good recliner... but my toy comes next!)

steve
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: