The Hornshoppe Forum
December 13, 2017, 09:16:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For Tony.............  (Read 826 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 07, 2017, 11:15:32 PM »

Hey Tony, when you told me Peach took his Rock Chucker back I had a thought to tell you but got distracted. I have reloaded since I've been shooting. I've used both single stage and Lee progressive presses. Had 2 at one time running, one set up for .45 and one for 5.56. Here is the thought..........buy a set of RCBS dies and a Lee hand press. It is as fast as a single stage and unless you are doing volume it's just fine. It is also convenient. I hate to admit I'll watch TV while reloading and that is a major no-no. I can do it and feel OK only because all my loads fill the case. A double charge is not possible and I visually inspect each case to make sure I charged it. I also weigh each bullet when done to make sure they are all within a couple grains of each other.

I use RCBS dies for the .300 Blackout and a Lee "factory crimp" die to, uh, give them a factory crimp. I'll probably never set up my progressive presses again.........want one set up for 5.56 really cheap? Give me a call Smiley
Ed
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:22:55 AM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: