The Hornshoppe Forum
June 22, 2017, 10:16:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ultimate Truth lives............  (Read 516 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 22, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »

Well, I completed the main unit and it works according to plan. Plenty of gain.....dead silent. All that remains is to build the p/s box which is just mounting the connectors when they show up.

I have put the gain stage on one input of 4. It could go on any number of them I reckon. One is good. I can not imagine anyone needing gain on more than one input.

I am very excited but my opinion means nothing. The opinion of the folks I built it for are all that matters to me. I will never be able to afford one! i wish it could stay for HornFest! It can't so  The Beasts will have to do for excitement instead:) Maybe we can fry a few drivers.....I'm sure they will want too Smiley.
Ed
ps......of course every Truth I have ever built can be "upgraded" but if you have enough gain there is simply no need. The Ultimate sounds exactly like the Truth as far as I can tell. The gain is "nice to have" but for many will not be needed. I do not "need" it but I want it....just because it is possible and Hell, I should be able to have  what I actually build! Soon as I hit the lottery I'll build myself one!  I NEVER would have thought of using xformers this way! I'm glad Max (Irv) is smarter than me and pushed me to make it!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:36:33 AM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: