The Hornshoppe Forum
December 14, 2017, 06:02:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HornFest 2017  (Read 2384 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 07, 2017, 12:45:46 AM »

Well, if anyone is interested and will show up we will open the Schilling Shack the first weekend in May......As of now I have to report for Federal Jury Duty on Wed. that week. I've requested a postponement and I think all will be good for the weekend.

HornFest always puts a LOT of stress on Helen...betwixted me sometimes acting like an ass and her stressing out over the house and animals it takes a toll on her. Not me. That said, she's looking forward to seeing you all (and any new folks) again! Hell, she has always let it happen!

All kidding aside, Grey Mull started the thing by saying to me..."if you have an audio party people will come". I thought he was crazy and told him so. Turned out he was right and a lot of folks have made friends over the years. Helen and I are still stunned any of you fellows would come to Gilbert!

We both look forward to seeing all y'all!
Ed
ps.....The Ultimate Truth should be alive and running if anyone cares Smiley Keep in mind the HF has NEVER been about selling ANYTHING and it never will be. It's about meeting people like minded. I have 2 pounds of Tannerite. Smiley Someone needs to bring a high powered rifle, my (completely legal) silenced subsonic  300 Blackout won't set it off Smiley
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:21:57 AM »

Would 7mm rem-mag be high power enough?
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 10:25:35 AM »

Uh, it would be so loud you won't need the tannerite.
Randy in Caintuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 05:41:33 AM »

Howdy Ed,

Just to verify before putting it on my calendar .....

May 5, 6, and 7 ?

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Randy

Rega Saturn-R transport
Camelot Uther DAC with Anagram upgrade
La Dolce Audio UA1.5 pentode amplifier
Decware SE84UFO, the Spud, Flea Watt amplifiers
Caintuck Audio Betsy open baffle speakers
Caintuck Audio Alpha open baffle subs
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 07:18:45 PM »

Hey Randy, see you then! You got the dates.
Ed
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 04:30:25 PM »

Coming Saturday afternoon, bringing chili. Ed, do I need to bring a rifle?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 06:36:01 PM »

Hey Tony, great! Yes, if you have an AR sighted in! My (legal) silenced 300 blackout will not set the Tannerite off!
See you Sat.!
Ed
Randy in Caintuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 06:12:34 PM »

Greetings everyone,

I made it back home last night and crashed for a couple hours ..... currently back among the living.
Those 10 hour nonstop road trips are not quite as easy as they were 30 years ago .....  Wink

Thanks to the Schilling family for the traditional SC hospitality.
Helen makes some killer banana pudding .....  Smiley

It was good to see some old friends again and make a few new ones ..... but I sure missed Henry .....  Cry

The "pink room" sure has changed over the years ..... it's not even pink anymore .....  Grin
Friday was a little bit light as to attendees but Saturday was a different story.

Ed had his new Transcendent Sound "Beast" monoblocks set up with half the possible power tubes installed and they were certainly capable of some serious SPLS ..... which put a big smile on Ed's face .....  Cheesy
With the bucket sub in the mix, I'm pretty sure the neighbors in the next county got to hear them as well.

I also had a chance to hear my Betsy baffles powered by a pair of Transcendent Sound Evermore OTL amps.
It was the first time I have heard them with OTL amps and the sound was very impressive.
The very fine gentleman who provided the Evermore amps also had a cool little Chinese amp called the FU32.
It was certainly one of the most interesting looking amplifiers I have ever seen and sounded great.

Best wishes to all,
Randy

Rega Saturn-R transport
Camelot Uther DAC with Anagram upgrade
La Dolce Audio UA1.5 pentode amplifier
Decware SE84UFO, the Spud, Flea Watt amplifiers
Caintuck Audio Betsy open baffle speakers
Caintuck Audio Alpha open baffle subs
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 07:51:27 PM »

"The party's over, a new day begins, now is the time for confessing our sins....."  ("Timbuk 3")

It was great seeing you guys again, sadly several regulars did not make it, you know who you are! Thank God the weather was cool....The Beast may as well be space heaters! That little FU32 amp is so damn cool I'm going to get one just to use as a night light! I can't see actually using it, because, well, I have the Beasts and ACA as well but if I were in the market for the coolest tube amp and built or sold a speaker that could use it   and be happy with 4 watts I'd pick one up Smiley! Might even sound really good with a single driver OB Smiley.

Thanks guys, for making it a "party"! Keep next year open....If I don't croak I'll be 62 and able to get my "social security" that I've paid for since I was 15.....I really will want to have a party then!
Ed
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 06:23:17 AM »

Would love to hear more about this little FU32 amp.

Also, there are two different FU32 amps listed on ebay for a similar price. Wondering what the difference is.
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 12:00:14 PM »

Would love to hear more about this little FU32 amp.

Also, there are two different FU32 amps listed on ebay for a similar price. Wondering what the difference is.

Hey Capt, it seems the more expensive one with the aluminum faceplate has better power and output transformers as well as better connectors.  Also, I think they mentioned a better inductor.   Smiley

I'd like to get one just for the cool tubes, but I have too much stuff.  Tongue

edit: You can see the deluxe model on Aliexpress if you scroll down and click on the picture...  The differences are in bold in the description.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 12:03:40 PM by Henry » Logged
666MadeMeDoIt

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 07:39:57 PM »

Just got some spare tubes for mine. Two tubes for $13.30 using a coupon from AliExpress. Free shipping to top it all off.  I've listened to mine for well over 200 hours, no issues. Amplifier was less than $200 with shipping.

Eric from Chi-congo
666MadeMeDoIt

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 09:38:20 AM »

Hey Ed,

I thought this might be a great addition to Hornfest 2018. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TrxpZwekWXMnVycms3cVY0dUE/view?usp=sharing

Only in America,
Eric B
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: