The Hornshoppe Forum
June 29, 2017, 05:31:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Damn ground squirrels  (Read 1210 times)
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 01:51:24 PM »

Ed, I hope you drank that beer, then filled the can with water before you shot it.

steve
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 03:58:45 PM »

Knowing Ed, substituting water for beer would be "cheating", probably a different density times pi PBR squared. But, he was surely playing Radar Love during the testing, what with baselines and reference and all.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 08:34:30 PM »

LOL guys. Matter of fact I actually did listen to a new Truth with you know what today  Smiley. I also used another reference album (of MINE) .....Unknown Hinson.

As for the beer, Steve, nope they were unopened....they also were a Cobra and Busch Light...both had been sitting out by the faucet since last Horn Fest! Pretty sure they were past their prime! Have a couple left. The Gamo with even the lightest pellets just blasted through at 25 yards. It's hard to get a grip on how powerful it is. No, it's not a big bore PCP but it sure is not a toy. Helen had a hard time cocking it. Sidney is barely able to. Needs to sit down and use both arms. Kids can forget it. Most women too, probably. 5-10 shots quickly in a row would be impossible for Helen or Sidney at first but they might learn a technique if they wanted to spend the time. I think the cocking force is 32 lbs.....  It was too windy yesterday and today to judge exactly how accurate it is. Even in a stiff wind at 25 yards it's plenty "good enough" and under good conditions may be superb. it hints in that direction.

That refurb Gamo is practically free for the level of performance. Thanks Steve, for making me think about air rifles! I have a squirrel  and a rabbit that have been hanging around our fig tree Mac gave us. It is very old and never thrived until it came here.....and one of those bastards ate all the bark off the bottom foot or so and all the leaves that were coming out have died. I really hate killing animals unless for meat but those damn rodents are going to die and I'm not fooling around with the air rifle. Silenced  .22. It's on now.
Ed

Ed

Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 04:03:04 PM »

My squirrels must be on vacation. Maybe their cousins invited them to SC to eat fig trees. Haven't seen them for a few days.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »

Well, I put aluminum foil around the tree and the damn thing went above it to get more bark. Maybe the squirrel or could be the rabbit.
I go out at dusk and there is the freaking squirrel in the  middle of the yard.......equipped with my silenced S&W Victory pistol. Fired at his head at about 20 yds. He ran off and I fired 4 more times at him as he ran off. I hope I missed him with the other 4. I do not want him or the freaking rabbit to suffer but I damn sure want them gone! I am disgusted I missed him the first shot......missing him running would be expected Smiley

I made up a song to sing to Sidney, and yes, she's sick of it............ "we got a rabbit and squirrel infestation...invasion...we gonna have a rodent elimination, decimation, eradication,......oh yea...oh yea....baaaaby""

Ed
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 09:14:57 AM »

This is starting to remind me of Carl the groundskeeper from Caddyshack. Ed, you should try singing the Green Berets song as you plot against the evil varmints. "Silver wings upon their chest..."
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 01:41:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_mzLagHJOI

Over to you Red leader 1

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 10:22:46 AM »

My ground squirrels have returned. War returns on Monday.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2017, 10:10:12 PM »

You should have gotten one of the refurb Gamo when they were giving them away! It is stupid powerful but I did need to go through 9 different pellets and weights to get "the one". Open fiber optic sights.... beer can (squirrel) at 35 yards every shot is easy. Both of ours are very pellet sensitive and they both need a different one for most accuracy. I hate that. One has the 3x9 scope, one with open sights.....both nail the can at 35 yds. The rifles just go "clunk". Sound nothing like a stupid powerful pellet gun.

You could shoot the damn things (squirrels) from inside through a window and no one would have a clue.....make sure backstop is good and no neighbors are in line Smiley.

You'll kill every one you shoot at....and they deserve it... "we have a rodent infestation, a rodent invasion, we need to have a rodent elimination, decimation, extermination , eradication....oh baaaabeeee".

That's a little song I made up to sing to Sidney last time she was here. The freaking squirrel or rabbit chewed the bark off our fig tree and almost killed it. I got MY pellet guns for fun, those damn rodents will get the silenced .22. I'm in the country Smiley. They may even get the 300 AAC. I think I missed the long tail rodent with my pistol and have not seen "my bunny" lately (lucky for him).

I hate killing things unless to eat them but it is not acceptable for rodents to eat our fig tree and garden!
Ed

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: