The Hornshoppe Forum
June 27, 2017, 05:12:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very expensive Truth..........  (Read 5188 times)
Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2016, 08:56:07 AM »

Yes, to clarify, I was being ridiculous.
As Ed says, "keep us informed!"

Great, so my Truth is now "outdated"?! Grin

Yes, you're screwed.  Save the pennies for Truth 2.0 and hang with the cool kids.  Cheesy

Sarcasm and tourettes have crippled me many times.
Srosenberg

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2016, 06:35:37 PM »

Ed,

Any chance for balanced outputs on this newer unit?  Balanced inputs would also be welcomed, but if we can only have one, i'd love to see an option for balanced outputs as my power amps are XLR in only (reading through this thread, it seems like Theophile might also appreciate this option, too...  Wink).

-Scott
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 06:47:54 PM by Srosenberg » Logged
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2016, 07:05:26 PM »

Hi Scott, nope. The circuit can not be made balanced w/o using a transformer to make "fake balanced" and that would be going backwards with regard to SQ. The only difference between the two will be (if it works out) will be the xformers to get some gain for low output phono stages. I think it better to get a PS with at least 50db in the first place but for some that is not an option and my friends think the only way to get gain that will not degrade the Truth is to use xformers to accomplish that.  These are "special".....they are "Super Permalloy", although I'm not sure what that means or why it is "super" compared to "regular" Smiley.

The original design worked just fine, so fine that I've not changed anything to it and all changes have had to do with construction techniques and methods to make them easier to look at, faster to build and easier to repair if need be.

Thank you all so much for posting and supporting Us!
Ed

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: