The Hornshoppe Forum
May 28, 2018, 03:01:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Horned Heil update.......  (Read 19465 times)
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2011, 10:03:24 AM »

Ed,

OK - one more suggestion, triggered by painful ( in the purse ) experience.

With an external xover it´s a very good idea to use different connectors for the fullrange and the Heil.

I know all y´all are much too careful to get them mixed up - well...

Wink
    Pit
Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2011, 10:53:56 AM »

All that said, I found two 7X7 boxes at Michael's and they are the right price and look "pretty good".

Sounds good as long as they don't have flowers and butterflies and shit on 'em.
Shug

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »

Hey Guys, Ed here, on my Dad's "box".

Pit, I never thought of that! What a disaster....and I bet not covered by "warranty"!

Cheerwino, how about Little Miss Triode? That is in the works Smiley
Ed
Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 01:05:03 PM »

Hey Guys, Ed here, on my Dad's "box".

Pit, I never thought of that! What a disaster....and I bet not covered by "warranty"!

Cheerwino, how about Little Miss Triode? That is in the works Smiley
Ed

Thumbs up for the Little Miss Triode logo on the box. I was just amusing myself thinking about what a stock box from Michaels might look like.  Cheesy

As for the wires, just label the Horns with an "H" and the Heils with.... um...  Undecided Huh

P.S. Need to offer Little Miss Triode chrome silhouette mud flaps.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:00:21 PM by Cheerwino » Logged
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 01:30:28 PM »

How about an  underlined "H" ?
Ed
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 08:55:12 PM »

I would go, (H)i, (L)ow, (B)ass, (T)reble. Boring, but as foolproof as you can.

When I am mucking about with a bunch of wires, when I just want the music to play. Easier is better...John     

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
robster

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2011, 07:36:08 PM »

ED- will the Heils work with my M3's? if I turn my M3's into M2's?
O.K. from reading past posts,yes the Heils work with my lower units of the M3's..
next question:  do the Heils sound better with a pair of M2's or do I need to start over again with model 1's? and where do I place the crossovers?
Sounds like a road trip to the Hornshoppe cause I be screwed!

Edit: O.K. Guy just posted some GREAT! pictures on Facebook. Ed- I'll call you. Sounds like I need to get a pair of Heils.

Thanks,
Robert
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:20:50 AM by robster » Logged
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 07:41:46 AM »

Robster, yes on the M2 thing. They are actually perfect for the M2. Come see me anytime, just give a day or two heads up to make sure my system is running. I do not have a pre amp at the moment! I'm building them as fast as I can and should have one ready for testing in a couple days. I am still just swamped.

Ed
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 08:31:35 AM »

Hey Guys, finally picking up the xover boxes and hope to have a finish on them and maybe xovers built by tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience, I never expected this much trouble with them!

Ed
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2011, 02:45:09 PM »

Haven't seen or heard anything about finallizing the Heiled Horns for a while.

Has the development and tweaking of the Heiled Horns be finished?
When will we see them on the Hornshoppe website?
Are more Heiled Horns sellening than 'regular' Horns?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »

Hey Capt.,
The conversion/ready to go speakers is done. Everything is standardized now. Upgrading is the same as getting both together at the start. There are a lot of pairs out there now......and there will be a lot more as time goes on. One thing to remember is that very few of my friends post on this or any other forum so reports will be just as scarce as those on the Truth or The Horns from the peeps who get them.

As far as I know, only our friend 2wo has had issues with integration/bass. He had one of the first xovers and I've since told him how to build the last version. His was like the one I was using and had a 12db slope on the Horn. I later found 6db at a lower point to be better. We'll see, as time goes on.........

I am just sooooo busy it's crazy. I simply have not had time to even think about messing with the site. It needs serious updating but it will take too much time and at night I just don't feel like messing with it.

Until I catch up it makes no sense to spend time on it.

Hope all's well in Scotland, tell the girls we said hi!
Ed
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2011, 08:47:24 PM »

Ed called with a crossover update. What is it V3.2.4 or something Wink. Anyway it's 6bd/12, It has made a huge difference in the integration of the two drivers...John   

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »

Would anyone like to post a picture of the final version of the Heiled Horn? I did see the Heiled Horns with a 'box' in front of the Fostex driver at Ed's House a few month ago. Has anything changed since?
jimndre

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 11:38:51 PM »

Hi Deiter,

I have the Heils, the crossovers, and the M1s.  This is probably not the final version though.  I believe that Ed is dampening the 126en's to compliment the AMT's in the final version.  My 126's have grills on them like yours, but mine have magnets glued in to the screw holes so that the grills are removable.  I was unsure if my FE126's are e's or en's and was talking to Ed about it one day.  He mentioned something about dampening the 126's.  I didn't get into the logistics of whether or not the dampening included the box that you mentioned.  By the way, I bought a used T-16 on AudiogoN.  When I have a chance, I will hook up the T-16, the Truth, and the Heil / horn combo and let you know how it sounds.  I don't have my system hooked up right now, and don't know when I will be able to.  But when I get a chance, I'll definitely post impressions.

Jim
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:48:18 PM by jimndre » Logged
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 03:17:50 AM »

I've been listening to my music through the Truth => T16 => Horns with Super Tweeter and my old sub and the sound is phenomenal.

The music is super engaging, lots of spacial cues, beautiful 3D sound-stage etc. Couldn't be happier.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: