The Hornshoppe Forum
October 21, 2017, 05:08:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: They are not going away  (Read 3262 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 19, 2011, 10:59:45 PM »

I started the board because they deserve it. I will make this speaker available as a "new model" as long as the Heils are available. It's over.....in 2 days, just like The Horns, it must be sold. The problem is the cost....probably in the 2K range. For years people have said "The Horns are better than they cost" or "they are so cheap they are not taken seriously".  I agreed but they are what they are and the price is fair.
Others thought "how could that cheap driver be any good?" We all knew the truth.

Well, this speaker is worth every penny it will cost and addresses all those concerns....it cost a lot, and the price is justified, and no one will argue that the Heil driver is not "fancy".

So there it is...the new speaker.... "The Horny Heil"
Ed
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:05:49 PM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:11:25 PM »

Ed, I´ve only heard Heils with a good xover once and was very very impressed.
As with the Horns and with Helen - you can´t try everything, so you don´t waste time and just opt for the best.

Pit
SOM

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 09:47:24 AM »

"The Horny Heil"

I just pictured a leering Nazi sitting behind Little Miss Triode.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:52:39 AM »

SOM...she's All American...she'd kill him instantly with her Ray Gun. I made it for her.
Ed
Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 02:03:44 PM »

Hey Ed, I posted on The Hornshoppe Facebook page about the Heils and Norm had the following question:

"ed, i have four large heils sitting around. two are in a pair of ess 10b speakers. sloppy bass but the heils sound great with my fisher 500c. i just bought a garden tractor. man, you are makin' things tough for me. how good are they? i gotta know....."

What can you tell him? Could he remove one pair of his Heils to try on the Horns?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: