The Hornshoppe Forum
August 19, 2017, 02:13:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Crown Amp  (Read 693 times)
vrod

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2016, 05:34:17 PM »

Well , I will need to replace the fried Dayton amp originally mated to My Cube sub woofer. Ed told me to buy a Crown amp and I am looking at the 1500xls. Can I used the same cables that came with the Dayton? Next, I removed the fried 126en speakers, I then inspected the inside speaker wires, they looked OK. I did not remove the rubber cap inside where the connectors come through the wood cabinet. The speakers themselves look OK. I was surprised, I expected to see more damage. The new 126en's are on the way. Ed told me he was going to send some seals and damping material. I also ordered The Truth pre amp from Ed with three line inputs and the new volume control. I am getting into some real money here. With the Cube anything more than a 1500XLS seems like overkill. What do you guys think?
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 07:13:22 PM »

The 1500 Crown is very good. Any amp in the series is big power for the cube. The 1500 is lower in distortion than the 1000. I doubt anyone can hear a difference, but the measured amount is significant. You will need to make up a compatibility cable. Ed has the details.
Congrats on buying the Truth. You're gonna' love it.
steve
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: