The Hornshoppe Forum
August 23, 2017, 04:45:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: shooting the Victory  (Read 819 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: August 10, 2016, 10:27:34 PM »

The S&W Victory has fiber optic sights. Not the best for precision shooting but damn good for "point shooting" and "plinking". That said, it took me 12 shots to hit the 8x10 inch plate...at 100 yards! Once I hit it I hit it 5 more times in a row! Then was out of bullets, DAMMIT! You'd be amazed how long it takes for a .22 to travel 100 yards!The pistol is so quiet you can easily hear the bullet hit the steel, about a 1/3- 1/2 second after the shot. Hitting an 8x10 steel at 100 yards with my pistol was quite satisfying. It took so many shots to find the aim point because I could not tell where the shots were landing until I hit it the first time.  This is a superb .22 pistol, at least so far!
Ed
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 07:56:36 AM »

Hitting an 8x10 steel at 100 yards with my pistol
Impressive!  Shocked
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »

This is a superb .22 pistol, at least so far!
Ed

Damn it Ed, stop it! I want to retire someday, and don't need anymore toys.

I spent an hour doing homework on the S&W, watching youtube videos, etc. after reading your post, which introduced me to the Victory.

It looks like a great .22, especially for the money. Which is exactly what I didn't need to know!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: