The Hornshoppe Forum
August 19, 2017, 02:14:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The destruction of my horns!  (Read 4599 times)
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2017, 06:26:30 AM »

So defensive Ed-last nite was mostly due to the effects of insomnia-jack daniels and zanax.I'll have to read back what i said cause i really don't remember.But at least you didn't take away my voice on your forum.You probably should have-like i said i have no reccolection.Must have really made a complete fool of myself-i'll have to read back whatever i wrote.As to insulting your friend-i'm truly sorry!!!!I'm better now but PTSD is hard to deal with when you have only the support of the local VA.I really do need help that is not possible at VA!!!So i self medicate like so many other vets end up doing after being totally frustrated by the help offered there.So you have a valid point about whatever was said i'm sure.Not easy but mostly i can deal with it.Since you are not a vet you probably don't understand but you are a very intelligent person which is very obvious.So take my PTSD in consideration when you attack me.At least i did get 5 hrs of sleep eventualyl so besides a slight hangover i'm ready to approach another day.Have a wonderfull day yourself.....Mike
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2017, 06:39:10 AM »

And i don't think i'm a genious but last time my iq was tested in was 143 so probably in top 5% of the population.Most of it is wasted because of my constant mistreatment by non english speaking doctors at Va who have never spent a moment in combat.So have a little more patience with me-I'm trying to get it together!!!!!
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2017, 07:12:30 AM »

Also i read back what i said and amazed really that i made any sense at all!!!And a Grado reference whatever tonearm doesn't impress  me at all.Grado is a hack that designs carts which are notorious for having hum probs.He's made a lot of money in this industry of audio but i'm sure his tonearm was no great invention.Only 10 made-huh-must not have hit a nerve with the audiofools.Or he would have mass produced it and attempted to increase his fortune.Who set this wonderfull tonearm up for you?Or did you just eyeball it?Namedropping mass market cart designers doesn't impress me at all.Dueland also puts out overpriced tonearms that don't represent state of the art.He might know live sound but never should have got into tonearms.Attack me some more to justify whatever your thoughts are!!!And when you send out a small box with misalligned outputs don't be surprized when i suggest it was rushed out.And i told you i gave it 2 weeks to do it's thing and it just did not deliver.I really wanted to love it but it just didn't happen.Wasn't just gain either-but i tried it-and it was not fun to listen to in my system.Also people that are musicians and in the industry are notorious for having terrible systems to reproduce sound in home!!!!Arthur Salvadore gave it an excellent review and uses it as his new reference!!!!Never heard of him before but after browsing his reference lps he's up tp his neck in bullshit!!!!Nice guy i'm sure but other than that his reference recordings are a joke????A person that off base on recorded sound has no opinion i trust in anything.All credible thought on him having a critical ear for recorded music went up in smoke!!
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2017, 07:25:58 AM »

Hi Coolhand28;

Glad you got some rest and seem to be thinking clearer.

Now let's put your IQ of 143 to good use and draw a finish line while you are ahead.

Peace
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2017, 07:38:24 AM »

Just one more item i have to mention-arthur salvadore wants $50 just to talk to this asshole-what a fucking jerk!!!!I've read enough of his bullshit to last a lifetime.His reference recordings are a total joke and i wouldn't spend a penny to talk to this asshole!!!!!My IQ drops when i try to make any sense of his rants-He needs a dose of Radar Love to lighten up....Mike
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2017, 08:51:03 AM »

My system is not to "voice" anything. It is a reference in that it does not change.  I do not even know what "voicing a component" means. Why would a designer purposely build anything that is not as accurate as possible? A designer would OTOH  want to know each and every piece is the same, hence the need for a reference.

As to being "defensive", well not really, just throwing your stupid shit back at you.

Mike, you sure seem like an angry, person. And not a very nice one either. But then with that IQ of yours (that we can't confirm but all doubt due to your posts) and the fact you know everything (in your mind anyway) I guess that gives you the right to be an obnoxious ass and insult anyone and everything you don't like or does not agree with you.

Arthur charges money for consulting just like a lot of folks and it also probably weeds out know it all jerks like you (appear to be). Shit, with your vast knowledge you could probably get at least 50 cents to consult with guys.

Are you some big bad ass that talks to people in person the way you have been calling names here? I guess that's possible but I suspect not because you are not in jail or worse.
Ed
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »

No Ed never been convicted of a crime in my life!And i don't profess to know anything about audio reproduction-not a solder jocky as you are.But you took offence long before i did-and i just state what i hear in my system-which is properly set up without the anal retentiveness of most listeners.I just know very rapidly what sounds best to me.And don't really spend a whole lot of cash on experimentation since i only invest cash i have made off ebay to use to support my interest in audio.Haven't even had a traffic ticket in 40 years or more.So that assault is drawing nothing.But i can take whatever criticism you sling at me.Too bad you are so sensitive.I think you are overworked and need a break!I am retired and don't have any house payments-car payments-credit card debts-or anything!Take a break and put Radar love on repeat and maybe you will heal.....Mike
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2017, 09:15:52 AM »

Mike, after reading through the thread I realized I was all wrong. You are one of the nicest, most soft spoken, complimentary persons I have ever met. Your knowledge of all things audio in unprecedented and now I realize you really do know it all.  The way you try and make folks feel good is amazing and the compliments you bestow on us ignorant people does so much to put that into light.

I had no idea what a kind, gentle, caring person you are until I read back through all the posts.

I'm sorry for being mean to you and I hope you don't start crying when I say this. Being so humble seems to come naturally for you.

Thanks for being such a wonderful contributor to the forum and spreading such helpful and insightful information. I'm sure we all look forward to your revelations and opinions on people and equipment.
Ed
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »

LOL=Ed your sarcasm is way more transparent that your Truth pre.Remember i'm the one with the high IQ lol lol lol !!!!!!
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2017, 10:12:10 AM »

I am not angry at all-and all the friends i have think me very amusing and interesting.None of the people i currently associate with are into anything more than digital reproduction and i have never even tried to change their opinion.Good stereo systems are a thing of the past and only a few old farts have any interest.It's a dying field but turntables are selling again so maybe some hope.I have a few cds that are pleasant enough to listen too but for the most part-dreck!Don't try to rain on my parade with your sarcastic remarks.Go back down your rabbit hole along with the lemmings that believe in you.I don't really care anymore.....Mike
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »

Hey smart, sensitive guy, do you understand the moves in chess? With your IQ you must be a master. I bet you could beat anyone, maybe even my daughter which would give you a shot at me. She has enjoyed your posts. She said, "he's a class act". Online chess is possible and you could prove that superior intellect of yours............to a young woman that would love to take all your pieces. Smiley Just let us know.

BTW...you actually have friends? Well, I bet they are laughing at you, not with you. But Hey with your mental disorder they probably just feel sorry for you. But don't worry, you can cure it all with about 1/2 gallon of Jack Daniels and about 30 of your Xanax.  The fact you have a prescription for Xanax is telling and explains a lot to us "normal people" that  don't need drugs to cope.

Keep insulting me and the guys that you have not a clue about. We love you anyway, in the way we love that "special kind of stupid and arrogance"  from a mentally disturbed, sad, lonely person.

Oh shit, I'm being mean again. I am so sorry, you deserve so much better..............
Ed

coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2017, 02:52:50 PM »

I really suck at chess-never really took much of an interest in it!It's mostly played by kids and way too complex a game to master.Russians are good at it and the occasional us nut .Sorry can't help you there.But Ed you are certainly a great one at throwing out what you assume are clever stabs.I won't continue to play with you-i'm bored with you now.Your lame wit is not appreciated or admired!!!
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »

Also to clarify now that i'm considered an alcoholic too.That was left by a girlfriend a couple nights ago and was about a shot and a half.So discard that attack and go down the drug addict path.I really don't drink at all-not even beer and had a couple zanax left from a very old prescription so not really dependent on drugs either.Sorry Sherlock wrong again!!!You are proving to be the sick one picking on a 67 year old vet to amuse your sick mind-Radar Love time me thinks.....Mike
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2017, 03:13:46 PM »

Online poker is more my style-put up your money anytime and i'll gladly take it-you feel lucky-well do you PUNK!!!!!!
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2017, 03:20:35 PM »

Texas hold em no limit-how about it!!!!Let's see how long your real money will last.I'll put up my 5k against yours and see how long you last.You are definately not a good bluffer and probably not a good card player.Or maybe you are-who knows-have you got the nuts to even try or just like to shoot off your hillbilly mouth....Mike
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: