The Hornshoppe Forum
May 27, 2018, 10:10:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We will finance your Heil upgrade, or at least part of it......  (Read 3140 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 30, 2011, 12:01:21 AM »

That's the deal. I am going to really put my (our) ass on the line. While many expect their customers (we call you friends) to pay for the "latest and greatest" upgrade (this is not unreasonable) in advance, I have a problem with my friends thinking I would do that "just to sell stuff". Many know that is not the case,

This time I am willing to prove it. For any of my friends that would wish to "upgrade to the latest and greatest". I will for a modest down payment trust you to what ever we agree to. Plain and simple. Individual basis, with a simple "I'll do it, Ed".

You see, you guys have trusted me for many years. I trust you.

I will finance as many Heil upgrades as I can afford to pay for.

As always, if I am wrong, send it back and we'll be square

Thank you all for your support. Anyone interested please give me a call. I'd like to actually speak with you Smiley We will work out "terms" on an individual basis and try and be accommodating until I run of of money Smiley

Ed

I guess I should mention the "painful part".....the cost is $875. This includes the Heils, the xover, some wire and everything else one needs to hook them up. No "experience" needed. It's "plug and play".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:45:27 AM by Ed Schilling » Logged
vrod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:02:09 AM »

Hi ED
           You can count me in. By the way I am assuming that the Cube will continue to be an integral part of the system. The previous issue with the brightness and the Super Tweeters was solved after I brought back an old accuphase CD player, a DP 70. No more brightness. This player is only 16 bit but it has a very sturdy transport system. It sound every bit as good as my top of the line Arcam FMJ 33. Talk to me about replacing the Membrane. How often do you have to do that with the Heils?   
steve f
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »

I'm thinking about it.  I'm going to save up for the mod though.

Steve
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 05:57:20 PM »

Vrod, thanks for the update. Yes, Cube is still a good thing!

The diaphragms  could last decades if not abused. I have heard that some of the originals are still being used by some folks.

That said, I would buy a spare set, just in case. There is no substitute and the magnet structure should be good for a "lifetime". I figure a spare set and if one does not abuse them, they could outlast me. Probably really will!

I did get the L-pads I ordered to try for you.....and promptly forgot about them.

Ed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: