The Hornshoppe Forum
December 17, 2017, 04:59:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New the truth owner  (Read 1949 times)
Jason

View Profile Email
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:51:52 PM »

Hi guys,

I just joined yesterday. Previously I ran my dac direct to my integrated bantam gold amp on my humble setup. When I got the preamp tested I was I  shocked at it's musicality, all three phase opened up a few notches and system is now very much more dynamic. Still regretting not going for first watt amp and schiit ygdrassil  dac but not so much now.

Of course I've my critics as well. I'm actually missing my 3rd harmonics and couldn't live with the system now sounding so lively. Gotta take a while to get used to.

My setup:
Bantam gold integrated amp with custom hifi DC3 psu
Hifime uh-1 DAC
Audio nirvana super 8 speakers
Specially diy tuned pc for audio

Oh and, here's a video review of the truth in action:
https://youtu.be/ko4C0-hul-I

I often run A/B with my neighbour's vintage mcintosh gear too, costly about 200k. It was on almost par before ...The truth now took SQ to a further height.

Jason
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 03:51:05 AM »

Hey Jason, it is a bit counter-intuitive to think a preamp can make such an impact.  But they do.

Welcome to the happy camper club.  It'll get better with time.  Smiley
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 08:40:43 AM »

schiit ygdrassil  dac but not so much now.
There are a lot of snake oils in audio electronics market.  That company is one of them.  Hi-fi DACs don't have sound signature.  If they do, it's not hi-fi.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: