The Hornshoppe Forum
October 21, 2017, 09:39:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Horned Heil Supporting "Cast"......  (Read 1443 times)
TEA FOR ONE

View Profile Email
« on: June 03, 2016, 04:07:12 AM »

Like the title says,what is the supporting cast for your GHH's? I am running the following supporting cast: A pair of Monarchy Audio SM70mkII's bridged,(70w 8ohm/120 4ohm), a Promitheus Audio TVC passive pre, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/Ortofon 2M Blue,Speed Box 2,Lounge MKIII phono pre, Pure I 20, an Onkyo c 7030,and pulling up the low end,a HSU VTF2-mk3. I am finding this set set up very satisfying! However,at some point,I plan on diving into some tubes. So,whats your supporting "cast"? Huh
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:33:02 AM by TEA FOR ONE » Logged
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 10:29:37 AM »

If you mean associated equipment:

Ed's TRUTH

Bruce's T16 OTL

Wega TT with Ortofon Red VM

EAR 834P

Arcam CD8
homey

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:54 PM »

I got Ed's conjoined twins  (AKA H2's Grin) with the Heil driver.
AND Ed's amazing TRUTH 

The Truth is awesome,  I do wish It had a touch more output(for My setup), I may
switch to a higher output cartridge to fix that.

Here's the rest...

AMP   1st Watt F1 (with Nelson's upgrade)

Phono stage    ALLNIC 1500 (tube)

Vinyl Spinner     VPI TNT Base  with a 4" thick Cocobolo/Brass/Lead Teres platter,
                      & a Schroder 2 Tonearm with a Shelter 501 mkII MC Cart. ( .4 mv )

And just added.... 2 Bucket Subs. crossed at 60hz.

Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 11:14:14 PM »

Since I'm currently Hornless... I absolutely loved the H2. Never heard that combo with the Heils, but it had to be good. I did put the Horns on one side of the system with the B-G tweeter (back removed) and it was really good too. It's kinda' cool that the Horn is such a flexible base for different options.
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 12:40:21 AM »

I have model 2's with heils , Amp Camp Amps, Acoustic Solid turntable with Ortofon arm, dynavector cart, Hagerman preamp and custom dac, twin Crown xls 2500 amps for woofers and the Truth.  It's good.

I have many other cool things.  Sometimes being single is okay.  I have two nice VPI HW19's.  One is an original from 1988 and the good one is a work in progress.

Just demonstrates how 40 years of audio stupidity can warp your judgement. It has been a good ride.  Cheesy
Magidrakee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 07:23:34 AM »

I run the GHH with a slightly modified series crossover to tame the highs a little.

2 bucket subs

Amp is Bruce's SE-OTL.

Naked Truth

ODAC from Audio Poutine

Player is my android smartphone using USB OTG (On-the-go) cable to the ODAC, and VLC media player. 128GB SD card for the FLACs. Drag and drop files from Windows and it goes straight to the library.... NO ITUNES SH**. Smiley

I have an old Technics TT, but thinking about getting a better Vinyl setup "soon". I'll probably ask for advice for a "cheap" setup here!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:28:23 AM by Magidrakee » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: