The Hornshoppe Forum
October 21, 2017, 09:38:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Improved construction and wait times............  (Read 1879 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:32:21 AM »

For all of you patiently waiting please bear with me..... I am building them ASAP but am on hold until I get the new photoboards! In the mean time I am assembling chassis and mounting stuff for when they show up.

In the beginning they all were built on "perf board". After about 20 or so I got boards for the buffer sections but since the demand was not insane like it is now I just built the photoboards on perf board still.

Well, that ain't gonna work now! building that board simply takes too long and it does not look "pretty" Also, replacing just it or a buffer board if need be would be difficult for most guys, even if they can solder.

With all that in mind, I now have PCB's coming for the photoboard. By the time they show up, maybe 10 days, I will be set to produce at least one a day. They will be stacked up waiting for me to simply build and install the  board. It will cut the time needed to build that board on perf from "way too long" to just a couple minutes. It also will allow me to have all the wires cut for all the units as well.

So, as always, thanks guys and do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or post them here.

BTW.......there will be no sonic advantage to the new boards but they will make life much easier and look much more tidy. You and I will be glad you waited. For those of you that have the perf board version...do not worry, there is no reason in the world to replace it but I'll do so if you want....pay the shipping and call it 25 bucks for the new board. That will cover the PCB. Don't do it Smiley

Thanks again, everyone!
Ed
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 12:36:06 AM »

Good to hear that your Truth is in high demand and has now gone into 'Mass Production'.

Your whole idea of constructing it was on one hand 'so simple' but on the other hand so genius. As they say, Less is more. Less stuff in the signal path, more details and music.

Still love my Truth and see no need in trying other, more expensive pre amps. (Which I could not afford anyway)

Together with the Heils and Bruce's OTL I need no more stuff.

Maybe one day I order a new chassis, since the front plate of my black unit is turning purple.
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 06:07:54 AM »

Hooray & congrats! The Truth becomes a "real" hifi product. It's going to be a lot easier for Ed to put TLC into each unit.

He who owns Bruce's amps along with Bucket subs, Horns, and Truth has one heck of a system.

steve
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 09:38:15 AM »

He who owns Bruce's amps along with Bucket subs, Horns, and Truth has one heck of a system.

steve

Tell me about it  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Magidrakee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 10:15:08 AM »

steve

Tell me about it  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Same setup here! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: