The Hornshoppe Forum
September 22, 2017, 11:33:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band  (Read 3314 times)
Henry

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2016, 10:06:58 PM »

I'm finally going to see an ex-Beatle and a few others that interest me in June.  I hope it's good because it's pricey to get decent seats and it's in an amphitheater.  Tongue

Featuring Todd Rundgren, Gregg Rolie (Santana/Journey), Steve Lukather (Toto), Richard Page (Mr. Mister), Warren Ham (Bloodrock/Kansas, etc.) and Gregg Bissonette (great drummer, played for many bands).

Wish me luck... I'm praying for good weather.  Smiley

*Edited to correct my lousy spelling.*
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:15:24 PM by Henry » Logged
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »

Oh well, Ringo cancelled because HB 2 eliminates the avenue for men to pee in the ladies room.  He called it hatred.  I call it uninformed stupidity.   Angry

He's dead to me.

Edit:  The good news is I now have tickets to see Joe Walsh and Bad Company on 6/30.   Smiley
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:08:44 PM by Henry » Logged
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »

I deleted my last post. The language might have been taken wrong. A law that would allow perverts to use the excuse "I think I am "x" gender" access to children is simply disgusting.

If a perv pulled that shit on Helen he'd be in trouble, but what about young girls? The out for the perv. is "I feel like a girl".

We are born a certain gender......a fellow that likes other fellows troubles me not and using the same facilities with him troubles me not, however a pervert that wants to look at my little girl and can simply say "I identify as a female" is likely to get an ass beating.
Ed
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 11:06:55 AM »

The good news is I now have tickets to see Joe Walsh and Bad Company on 6/30.   Smiley

Henry, hopefully Joe Walsh won't cave to Ringo's pressure and back out too, since he's Ringo's brother in law.

Someone brought up an interesting point on the radio yesterday. Why is it legally OK for these bands to "refuse service" they've previously committed to because of what they disagree with, but NOT legally OK for a bakery to refuse to make a wedding cake for a marriage they disagree with?

It couldn't be that the Left operates under a blatant double-standard, could it? Nahhh!

I hope your concert comes off as scheduled. Good luck!
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 01:41:54 PM »

Henry, hopefully Joe Walsh won't cave to Ringo's pressure and back out too, since he's Ringo's brother in law.

Well he is married to Ringo's wife's sister and it seems they are tight.  Looking at Ringo's twitter feeds, Joe and Ringo seem to hang out when possible.  I may have a <50% chance of seeing Joe, but I trying.  Undecided 

Maybe the guys in Bad Company will have some positive influence, maybe not.

I did get my money back from the cancelled concert.  Smiley

Boston cancelled three dates in NC a few days ago.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 05:19:02 PM »

All I got left is....man/boy in restroom and my wife/daughter comes out and says "there is a man/boy in there" and 2 things happen....someone goes to hospital and someone maybe goes to jail. Plain and simple....and I could give a rat's ass if they think they are "MGBGT" Smiley This whole thing is just plain stupid.
Ed
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 09:37:36 AM »

Just read that Target says they will allow anyone to use the washroom they identify with. Even in NC? Does the HB2 affect commercial property? Or only public?
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 10:58:54 AM »

Probably pubic property.
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 05:54:33 PM »

we all grew up with a compass.  Wrong is wrong and right is right.  We learned to be tolerant.  I wish the militant among us would have rhe integrity to do the same.
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 06:03:50 PM »

HB2 only affects publicly owned facilities (eg. schools).
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 08:08:51 AM »

Joe Walsh quote from cancelling the Cleveland show in July:

"It was my understanding that I was playing a concert which was a non partisan event to benefit the families of American veterans on Monday, July 18 in Cleveland. The admat I approved said this specifically. Today it was announced that this event is in fact a launch for the Republican National Convention. In addition my name is to be used to raise sponsorship dollars for convention-related purposes. Therefore I must humbly withdraw my participation in this event, with apologies to any fans or veterans and their families that I may disappoint. I was misled as to the event's true purpose. I am very concerned about the rampant vitriol, fear-mongering and bullying coming from the current Republican campaigns, it is isolationist and spiteful. I cannot in good conscience endorse the Republican party in any way. I will look at doing a veteran related benefit concert later this year."

So he and his stellar management thought he was just signing to play a prom?  What an ignorant SOB.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 08:16:05 AM »

For now.  Give it time and it will spread.
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 08:31:14 AM »

For now.  Give it time and it will spread.

Yep, the Governor prevented Charlotte's scare crow mayor from passing an ordinance declaring all private and public facilities yield to this lunacy. He should have let this stupidity stand and watched the people in Charlotte scream.  The other 99 counties in NC weren't affected.

Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 08:38:05 AM »

BTW, I'm sending that nasty bitch my Ringo Starr tickets with a "thankyou" note.  Cheesy
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 09:43:14 PM »

Henry,
If you can't get to a concert.... I haven't been following the fuss. You still have NASCAR, don't you?
steve
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: