The Hornshoppe Forum
December 12, 2017, 10:45:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: HornFest 2016  (Read 8632 times)
Randy in Caintuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 07:10:33 AM »

I just LOVE audio road trips .....  Grin

The 8 hour drive through the mountains of Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas was absolutely gorgeous and the weather was perfect.

It was great to see several of my old audio buddies and learning that several of them have made it through difficult situations (health related and other) and were still on this side of the sod ..... I guess that makes us "survivors" .....  Wink

As usual, the southern hospitality of the Schilling family was top shelf and I must admit feeling a little bit old seeing Sid "all grown up" and driving.
I just hope that her mom taught her how to drive and not her dad .....  Roll Eyes

I was very much impressed by the Crown powered "bucket sub" ..... that puppy can move some air .....  Shocked

Happy listening to all,

Randy

Rega Saturn-R transport
Camelot Uther DAC with Anagram upgrade
La Dolce Audio UA1.5 pentode amplifier
Decware SE84UFO, the Spud, Flea Watt amplifiers
Caintuck Audio Betsy open baffle speakers
Caintuck Audio Alpha open baffle subs
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 07:44:31 PM »

Guys, it was fantastic to see you all again. Old faces, a couple new ones and all of you are "the best". Randy, the only thing "top shelf" here was the quality of our guests.....and maybe some of the booze Smiley.

Randy, I take exception to the driving comment. I have a first place autocross trophy and Helen has never won a single race. Just because in the last year I have backed into Don's truck, my Honda, her Cougar and recently a car at the lot when we picked up Helen's truck does not mean she's a better driver Smiley. Oh, maybe it does?

One thing is for sure, we damn well know how to put on a "non audio" audio get together now don't we!

Thank you all for coming to see us and all the help in throwing the thing.You guys bring so much food, beer and happiness it is crazy! John, Tony and Kris pretty much made sure we were full!

We hope to see you all in 12 short months, God willing!
Ed

Henry

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 03:49:27 AM »

The Hornfest is like going home.  Wink
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 07:09:48 AM »

Hey Ed and Helen, it was great to get together and party hearty. There was so much catching up to do,that didn't leave much time for listening to your great audio gear. Thanks to Larry for bringing some live music to the bonfire. Next year, lets blow something up. I kinda miss it when the cops don't come! Oh, BTW, did Sidney ever come back from the ice run?
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 12:00:21 PM »

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Glad to see Randy made it too.

steve
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: