The Hornshoppe Forum
June 22, 2017, 10:15:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: HornFest 2016  (Read 6908 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:26:22 PM »

Well, in spite of the seeming lack of interest we are doing it anyway. It may just me me Helen and Kris....we sure hope not!

The "official" dates are April (28?) 29,30 and May 1st for the hard core.

We'd sure like to see all the "regulars" who could not make it last year, you know who you are!
Ed
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 09:57:20 AM »

I'll make it this year!  Grin
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 12:12:00 PM »

Wish I could. Lots of commitments this time of year. I hope you guys can attend and have a good time. Audio with beer and rockets!!!

Steve
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 05:29:55 PM »

Just read that Merle died today, 79 yrs old. Ed, will you "set your chickens free" ? at Horn Fest in his honor? Kind of like releasing doves? Nah, probably not a good idea. I don't think chickens and fireworks mix either, so will that be sidelined this year? Guess I need to just come and find out, so I will. Anyway, R.I.P. Merle, with him and George up there I bet God is now drinking.
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 02:13:20 PM »

We'd sure like to see all the "regulars" who could not make it last year, you know who you are!
Ed

I'm one of the irregulars who did manage to make it last year, as HornFest fell on one of my weekends off.

No such luck this year. I'll be working.  [insert pissed-off face here]

Everybody have fun!

2wo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 06:28:58 PM »

I'll see you there...John

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 09:01:52 PM »

Helen, Sid and I can't wait to see you all again.
Ed
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 01:35:01 PM »

Hey Tony, we will set them free! They love it! Please bring chili Smiley Please.

How's this for fireworks....air bag! Sid wants her air bag out her car...."Dad, I weigh 98 pounds if that thing goes off it will kill me" Actual quote. I think it true.

So, we take it out, and set it off! My guess is that everyone will be terrified to get in their car once they have seen one in "real life". I'll supply tools Smiley

Ed
Mac

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 02:10:09 PM »

Can't wait to see what happens at the 'fest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgxAL3t2Tw
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:18:56 PM by Mac » Logged
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 04:55:01 AM »

That's pretty scary looking.

On the other hand, on a frontal collision our body accelerate and the force, with which we would hit the windshield would be like, dropping an elephant on us (without the soft tissue giving padding)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:58:15 AM by Capt. Z » Logged
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 10:55:39 PM »

You are correct Capt.  I've seen a guy throgh a windshield and it haunts me.  The key is to learn to sit as far away from the bag as possible. I rammed a person that spun in an ice storm and I walked away.  So did she.

Here's a list of cars affected:

http://www.safercar.gov/rs/takata/takatalist.html
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 11:17:23 PM »

Henry, sorry I missed your call. I am running hard trying to get ready. No amount of anecdotal evidence will convince me a bomb in front of your face is a good idea. Sidney weighs 100 pounds at most and MUST sit close to the steering wheel to reach the pedals of her Mustang. She wants it gone and so do I. If the seat belts do their job then all will be fine. People got along just fine before they came up with this BS.

On a different note.....I picked up 2 "F" class motors today...F15-8. They are much bigger than the "E" series we last used....much bigger Smiley I also found my stash of other motors......we have a few D 12-0 booster motors. Looking like a 2 stage monster to me Smiley

I have no idea how we are going to clean the house up in time...........I have done a better than usual job of turning it into a "factory" over the last month. The "shop" is a total disaster and I'm not even going to make an attempt. I'm only using it as a "shed" now since Dad's place is spotless and much better for actually finishing speakers.

We're looking forward to seeing you all!
Ed
tony

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 08:06:07 AM »

Hey Ed, I ll be up there late Saturday afternoon, and of course I'll bring chili. Have you heard from Larry?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 11:00:12 AM »

Tony, one of the few foods I look forward to is your chili and the stuff John brings. You guys know how to cook. Kris knows how to smoke meat. A perfect combination.

I told Larry yesterday, "you better get your ass here". He said "I'll try" and I said "F you Larry, get your ass here". You know the deal, he must have permission from the "warden". Smiley Wouldn't want to grow a set now, would we Smiley

For anyone coming that has never been here GPS will mess you up. The bridge is out down the street and our road closed. You must do this....... after taking exit 44 on I-20 bear right and go about 1 mile and make a left onto Marcellus. There is a used car lot on the corner. Go about 1 mile and make a right on Gary Hallman Circle. Go about one mile and make a right on Lara Brodie Rd., our road. Just before you start down the incline our camo gate is on the left. 460.  803 657 5178.
Ed
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 05:23:25 PM »

Sid, Helen and Ed, thanks for the great time.  It means so much to see my audio buddies again.   Grin 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: