The Hornshoppe Forum
October 23, 2017, 09:11:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE REVIEW>>>WOW!!!!!!!  (Read 7775 times)
coolhand28

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 06:35:24 PM »

Still wondering what was up with my experience with the truth?I guess just wrong in my system-but active pre's work best for me-glad i gave it a shot!!!!
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 07:17:49 PM »

Mike, the Truth is active and can deliver more current than most "active with gain". It is not and can not be made to operate in "balanced mode". You and one or two others are the only guys that have returned one for refund in over 6 years. It's NO BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It did not work in your system but not because it is not "active". It is better than all "active" line stages in every area except gain!

It's no big deal!
Ed

Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »

I had to add about 4-6Db of gain, at my crossover to successfully match up the Truth with my system. My power amps aren't the easiest to drive.
 I know some of you guys run the Horned Heils. Have you tried biamping your systems? The Truth is such an impressive performer, it's one preamp to build a system around.

Steve
theophile

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 01:23:06 AM »

I use The Truth in an apparently simple system. I say 'apparently' because the speakers contain 2 x discrete amplifiers and electronic crossovers in each cabinet. So, if that fits the definition of biamping, I'm there. I will say little about the speakers(KRK Expose E8B monitors). They are largely unknown outside of the professional recording environment. They are not even common within that environment. They are incredible speakers, but talking about speakers that most people will never lay eyes upon, let alone hear at their best, is like trying to describe a complex flavour to someone who had no experience of the subject.

Where this ties in with The Truth is that it adores pure Sources and pure Transducers. It can't embellish. It can't cover-up. It can't taint. If that sounds boring, well if your Source happens to be boring, The Truth will have no trouble giving you all the best that the particular Source can deliver in the way of sonic virtue. It will not diminish the capability of your boring Source component. The good will sound better than you have ever heard it. The Truth does not have the tendency to 'liven-up' a Source beyond the capability that the component inherently possesses.

Many will be satisfied with The Truth. Those who will be most satisfied with The Truth will be those with extremely capable Source components. The message of that last sentence is multiplied if the amplification and the speakers are similarly excellent. The Truth owner with a superb Source component and similarly superb amps and speakers, well set up in superb room, will surely be overjoyed. Inserting The Truth into a system with a idiosyncratic or coloured Source whilst also running superb speakers and superb amps might leave the owner impressed with the fact that The Truth now reveals the virtues of the Source unambiguously, but might be disappointed to have a clearer view of the deficiencies. That is the nature of The Truth. It is like a camera which captures the image to perfection. The end product in the case of The Truth relies on the subject being captured.

Make sure your Source at least has the opportunity to work at its best. Time spent optimising the Source on a The Truth based system will pay big dividends. Very much so if the Source component is extremely superb and is being used in a less than optimal manner. The Truth will allow one to hear immediately and with perfect certainty how one's attempt to optimise their Source component is progressing. As such, The Truth is an absolutely necessary item in the quest for a truly great sounding system. A wise Truth owner will utilise its ability to sort the wheat from the chaff in this area.

Turntable - Yamaha GT 2000
Cartridge - Soundsmith The Voice (ebony).
Phono stage - Moon LP 5.3
Preamp - Hornshoppe The Truth
Speakers - KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitors
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »

The link to the review has been changed since the review was over a year old. Mr. Salvatore has added a little to it I think. The new link has replaced the old one.
Ed
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »

Mr Salvatore has dropped a couple of hints about the"Ultimate Truth" but they're only teasers.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: