The Hornshoppe Forum
October 21, 2017, 09:27:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: THE REVIEW>>>WOW!!!!!!!  (Read 7751 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: March 01, 2016, 08:19:50 AM »

I'm speechless. It can be found in 2 places....
On this page it is under March 2016, Reference Components.......near the bottom of the page,

http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-Linestages.html

Thank you, Mr. Salvatore!
Ed
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:57:46 PM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 12:09:45 PM »

"The Truth" is the most 'perfect' electronic audio device, of any type, that I have ever heard, and that is why I also describe it as "one of a kind"."

Not too shabby.  Cheesy

Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 12:12:48 PM »

Ed,

Congrats. Looks like you're gonna' have to get a fancy faceplate and knobs. "Truth" be told, the only thing I don't like about mine are the knobs. It's fully the equal of anything else and better than 99% of 'em.

steve
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:17:04 PM »

Oh and Ed, apply for a patent NOW.
theophile

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 02:23:59 PM »

Oh and Ed, apply for a patent NOW.

I agree

Turntable - Yamaha GT 2000
Cartridge - Soundsmith The Voice (ebony).
Phono stage - Moon LP 5.3
Preamp - Hornshoppe The Truth
Speakers - KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitors
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 02:43:18 PM »

WOW, What a review.

From now on the BEST LINESTAGE EVER (The Truth) will sell for a special price of ONLY $ 9750 and Ed will build on a new Pink Room.
johnnycopy

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 06:30:00 PM »

Could not be happier for you ed.

What those of us who own it have been trying to tell people.

please raise your fricking price!

Congrats, i have not seen a review that gushing.  Made me wanna cry to see what he said about how he wished j gordon holt was alive to hear it!

Let me add a thick pc cord, a brick for the top, and three balls of plasticine for isolation and we will market the truth 2.0 at $2999.00
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:45:37 PM by johnnycopy » Logged
jimcant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 07:36:34 PM »

Hi Ed,

I too am extremely happy for you Ed. Just external confirmation of what many here
already know (except me, for the moment at least Undecided).

Also really enjoyed the extensive pre amp discussion by Mr Salvatore. It made things
much clearer as to when gain is needed/not needed.

In the wake of this, I hope things go ballistic for you. You sure deserve whatever success
comes your way.

Cheers,
Jim
Magidrakee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »

Congratulations Ed!!
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, fellows. I really appreciate the support.  I also can't thank Mr. Salvatore enough for believing in a small fish like me. I'll do my best to never let any of you or him down.
Ed
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 06:28:22 AM »

Congratulations, Ed!

When I saw your multiple exclamation point "Wow", I thought, "This review must be good", but I was wrong. It's not good, it's GREAT! [insert Tony the Tiger graphic here]

I'm glad Mr. Salvatore was able to see past The Truth's visual shortcomings and give it an honest sonic assessment. I'm not damning The Truth by drawing attention to its appearance, because the "As good as it needs to be" enclosure helps keep the price low enough where I was able to afford to buy one five (?) years ago.

Some years ago there was a minor hi-fi scandal  when some manufacturer secretly took a good $500 CD player and put the guts into an enclosure with a ½" thick face-plate, pretty lights, jewelry RCA jacks, etc.  priced it at several thousand dollars, and called it their own. It got glowing reviews, while the donor player either wasn't reviewed at all, or was given a lower rating.

My point is that if The Truth were in an enclosure that cost Ed $1500 to have machined, and then The Truth were sold for $4000, I believe it would be more likely to end up with an A+ rating in Stereophile's Recommended Components. My intent isn't to imply that Stereophile (and others) review based on appearance, but it's simply human nature to be drawn to what is more aesthetically pleasing. Ed's proved that Form Follows Function, both with his Horns, and now with The Truth. I'm impressed that Mr. Salvatore was able to focus on the function portion of The Truth, and give it his top rating.

Steve F, I'm with you regarding the volume knob, which is why I changed mine to one of these, years ago. Edit: Apparently I'm not able to upload the image of the knob I used, as I was able to do on the old forum. It's a machined aluminum, satin finished knob, with a tapered tip, shaped something like the tip of a straight-slot screwdriver. I think it cost me all of $5 or $6 at Mouser or Digi-Key.

Again, congratulations, Ed! I hope that other reviewers will take notice, write equally glowing reviews, and help spread the word about The Truth.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:37:03 AM by Luddite » Logged
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »

Tod, you need to bring yours down so I can adjust it and upgrade it. I changed some subtle stuff.

Ok, I give. I have found some really nice boxes, no increase in price.

Kris is making me a new site as well, I reckon I might as well move into the 20th century Smiley

Thanks again, fellows, I am humbled by your kind words and support!
Ed
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 02:06:39 PM »

I'll probably ship it down, Ed, then drive down to pick it up. Now that the review's out, I guess $10,000 worth of shipping insurance is reasonable.

Congratulations again on a great review!
2__z0rk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 09:20:53 AM »

Congratulations! Your gear is truly audio-magical.
I've been saving up for The Truth and an Amp Camp Kit ever since I got your The Horn a couple of years ago. Please don't raise the price until I get my order in!  Cheesy

Cheers,

Tim

vrod

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 05:03:02 PM »

Ed. its a good thing I mailed my check for The Truth yesterday. There are going to be numerous orders. WOW!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: