The Hornshoppe Forum
August 19, 2017, 02:06:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New review?  (Read 3428 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: February 03, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »

Man, time just flies by........

The Truth is several years old now and there have been no formal reviews of it. The fellows who were so kind to me with regard to the Horns have no interest and no one else has shown any interest either. I reckon the word is out I'm a gun loving, conservative, speak my mind, ass. Guilty as charged. Also I am grateful to all that support or have supported us even if their opinion of me has changed. Mine has not. I will always appreciate past, present and future supporters!

Now, for the scary part,  Mr. Arthur Salvatore has had The Truth for a while. I have been told he's going to write a review. I have "heard" he "likes it". I sure hope so. He can not be bought and will tell it as he sees it.

I am anxiously awaiting his opinion regardless of what it is, if he decides to write a review...........I'm also honored he'd take the time to listen to it ........He's had it for quite a while, he's taking his time to evaluate it, it seems. Fingers crossed!

For a little light reading........   http://www.high-endaudio.com/rec.html#Chn

Ed

Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:47:31 AM »

Would love to see that review as well  Grin Grin Grin
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:53:48 AM »

I reckon the word is out I'm a gun loving, conservative, speak my mind, ass. Guilty as charged.
That shouldn't matter in audio electronics world.  Shouldn't the product be judged by the performance quality? 

I've ran into people (non-politicians) who put politics in front of their career.  Yes, even their own career.  Roll Eyes  Some people are just so... #@*+~ (edited for family friendly setting).
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »

Hey Sonic, in a perfect world that would be the case. I just named the big 3. Hell, throw in my attitude, inability to not say what I think and burn bridges, it's no wonder. After all there are so many "nice" people with products to review, why deal with an ass. I get it. It is what it is. Hey, I'm not whining or complaining, just pointing out the facts Smiley All I care about are the fellows that have or still do support us. I can not change who I am to make others "happy", nor will I put up with BS when hurled at me Smiley

It seems Mr. Salvatore agrees with you Smiley  I sure hope he likes it Smiley

Ed
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 09:59:14 AM »

Ed, when I said "Some people", I didn't mean you.  It was directed at those who buy or review products politically.  Just wanted to be clear.  Wink
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »

Hey Sonic, I knew exactly what you meant Smiley. Didn't think for a second you were poking me Smiley So often something written comes across as not what is meant......not this time Smiley
Ed
theophile

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 04:30:26 AM »

Ed. I'm glad for your sake that your incredible unassuming little creation will be getting a bit more well deserved recognition. As for me; I don't need anyone to tell me how good this gorgeous little ugly duckling is. It's divine. You know that I've got my reservations about the balance control and I do wish to some degree that if you know how to improve this little thing that you'd offer that as well, but heck as it stands right now The Truth does what its name says, and there are very few components capable of that anywhere.

Your Truth was the piece of the jigsaw puzzle that my system needed. With the Truth in the 'chain' I could see all the way from the speakers all the way back to the turntable. I could use that clarity to fine tune my turntable and turntable support with absolute certainty. What a blessing that has been.

I know that Arthur will be impressed. Just how impressed, I will wait to see. I'm mighty impressed.

Turntable - Yamaha GT 2000
Cartridge - Soundsmith The Voice (ebony).
Phono stage - Moon LP 5.3
Preamp - Hornshoppe The Truth
Speakers - KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitors
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 09:50:01 AM »

Theophile, thank you so much! If you have an early one w/o balance please send it to me and I'll add the balance control. It will not degrade it in any way. I'll also make sure it is "up to current standards" Smiley
Ed
theophile

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 09:53:16 AM »

Theophile, thank you so much! If you have an early one w/o balance please send it to me and I'll add the balance control. It will not degrade it in any way. I'll also make sure it is "up to current standards" Smiley
Ed

That would mean being parted from it.  No chance of that.

Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 10:27:06 AM »

Theophile,

Send it in. I think that slight added load of the balance control actually sounds better.

Ed??
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 09:06:10 AM »

Well, exciting news...... I got a note from Arthur today. The review is in the final stages and he said it will be posted the first week in March.

I sure hope he liked it Wink
Ed
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 01:52:52 PM »

Where will it be posted?
theophile

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 02:05:37 PM »

Where will it be posted?

Most probably in the 'Linestages' section of Reference Components.

Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »

Just found it here.

http://thehornshoppeforum.com/index.php?topic=752.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: