The Hornshoppe Forum
August 20, 2017, 03:48:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy technology....  (Read 1547 times)
Magidrakee

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2015, 06:07:09 AM »

So I finally did it, I settled for the cheapest android smartphone I could get (goodbye flip-phone and 15$ plan, we had a great run!).

Cost me 50 bucks with a cheap 2-year contract. Turns out I can put a 128 gb micro SD card in it (for a mere 60 canadian bucks), and it plays FLAC with the native player. Quad core, I can plug a USB DAC to it, and it even has a damn FM tuner.

I am truly impressed.

Charles
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 08:36:46 AM »

LOL.

You haven't even started yet exploring your SMART phone.

Internet, email, skype, whatsapp, flashlight, camera and a thousand more possible things.
Magidrakee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 08:48:33 AM »

Haha, of course I knew all that, but I didn't know it could turn as a legitimate media player for my FLAC collection! Smiley
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 05:21:47 PM »

That is crazy! What brand and carrier?  I use the SOTA Trac-Phone.....well, not really SOTA but it does make calls! I hope to get Sid's IPhone 5 when she gets her 6.............I'll never catch up with technology. I do enjoy seeing others do it Smiley
Ed
Magidrakee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »

It's an HTC Desire 510, you wouldn't know the carrier. The screen sucks (for today's standards), and I don't know about reliability, but for the price...

I think you'll have fun with that IPhone 5, the user interface is slick and very easy to use. What I like less about Apple is that they make you pay insane $ for basic stuff like extra memory and accessories. They also won't let you simply play FLACs...

I would have had one earlier, but data plans here are very expensive and I could not justify it (since I'm always in front of computer anyways). Now I have a new job and will be on the road a lot, so I guess it was time to enter the modern era!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: