The Hornshoppe Forum
September 23, 2018, 03:49:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another theater shooting  (Read 2162 times)
tony

View Profile Email
« on: July 24, 2015, 04:35:38 AM »

Another theater shooting, this time in Louisiana. Clearly, theaters should be outlawed.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 08:05:33 AM »

Or encourage home theater setup.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 08:44:33 AM »

Was it a "gun free zone"? I've not heard. I'd not bet against it!

I NEVER go to movies, but if this trend keeps up I might just start.....it would be like deer hunting.....a lot of sitting around in hopes you get to put down a wild animal. Oh, and by the way.....I for one pay no attention to signs proclaiming a "gun free zone". I'm not stupid, (well, maybe a little)  it doesn't take a genius to figure out all mass shootings happen in them, whether it is a military base, school, or whatever they are the choice  places  of murderers, so why would anyone go into one? When was the last time a mass shooting happened at a gun show?  I will not let anyone compromise my safety or my loved ones. One day we'll hear about some asshole that ran into a fellow like me, you know one that is illiterate and can't read the sign but is  very familiar with his gun and a very good shot. Oh, he'll be in jail.....but alive.
Ed
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 10:13:27 PM »

Ed,

What are the laws or restrictions on bring a weapon into a business that posts that guns aren't allowed in their place? How does that relate to concealed carry? In many places, off duty police are expected to carry weapons. Can you write a bit about this? I don't like the idea of leaving a gun locked in a car.

steve
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 09:34:51 AM »

Hey Steve, don't get caught! Is why they use the word "concealed" Smiley A lot of our laws have changed......
http://www.sled.sc.gov/documents/CWP/CWPLawUpdate.pdf

The great news is that any signs prohibiting must be of a certain size, placed a certain distance above the ground and contain specific wording with a silhouette of a gun in a red circle with a line through it. Only the proper sign is valid! The best part? Practically no one displays the proper sign so we get to ignore them! I really used to enjoy ignoring the improper sign at our little phone company Smiley Evey time I went I'd let them know that the sign just meant that the criminals knew who to rob. They took it down, even though it was not valid anyway, a tidbit I never mentioned to them.  Seems like someone woke up and got a clue.

No guns allowed  in restaurants that serve alcohol unless you are not consuming! This works out GREAT for me......I never drink while eating and I never go to bars! We can now have our guns on school property if kept in a closed glove box or console in a locked car if you are not in the car. If anyone is with you they must be locked out the car if you're not present.

Sid had a hiding place in her car for her revolver when she lived in "campus" housing. "Technically" she did not live on school property,,,,but rather in a community ran by the school is some weird way but was not officially part of the school.  Never made sense to me.  She never carried it on school property, I should add. She was able to have the bad ass pepper gel I got her "Sabre" is the brand. It's the size of a "D" battery and will spray in any direction. It's wicked......I know for sure, so do Sid and Helen, I won't be doing that again. Smiley
She'd get  the revolver out when she hit the road and put in in the console, which is completely legal. So was her hiding place, btw. ...no way in HELL was I going to let her drive back and forth w/o it. That's all over now....her new place is not on school property and is in a gated community. None of her friends have a clue she always has a gun with her, not even her boyfriend! He has no idea. He knows she has a .22 but no clue she's had a .38 revolver with her all the time.

I avoid all "gun free zones" and if I must be in one they are no longer "gun free"......

Also, as a permit holder penalties are felonies..............OTOH, if you do not have a permit, penalties are misdemeanors. This is why Helen does not have a permit...if I feel "nervous' I just give her mine to add to hers and we go about our business.

I am not a sheeple and I will not be a victim because of some stupid law that only benefits those that want to hurt people.
Hope this helps!
Ed

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:08:14 PM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 09:11:44 AM »

Ed, Thanks for the info. As usual, gun laws make little sense. I was thinking about what a lawyer would recommend, and I hate lawyers. They probably don't want a shootout and feel that would minimize liability for insurance purposes.

If I owned a place, a restaurant or store, I would not want anyone bringing in rifles or shotguns. That would freak a lot of people out. I would absolutely support conceal carry though. That way, people wouldn't get scarred, and the place would be safer too. Thoughts? Remember I'm new to a state that a lot of people carry. People here are more dangerous driving than anywhere else except Manhatten. I've yet to feel upset by guns, although I do take stock of the person displaying a weapon.

steve
homey

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 10:21:38 AM »

2 People died?  I wonder how many Died today by the hand of Doctors giving
out deadly pharmaceutical drugs?   

Bet it was WAY more than two.

Let's see some ongoing weekly coverage, on every TV station on that reality.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: