The Hornshoppe Forum
June 27, 2017, 05:11:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heil + Horns + First Watt F1???  (Read 1817 times)
hapinoregon

View Profile Email
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »

As youall know, Nelson Pass' First Watt F1 amp is designed for single driver, crossoverless speakers (The Horn). Does this mean I cannot use Ed's Heils + crossover?

Goal/hope is to improve upper registers, especially vocals. SO & I are opera/choral fans... Also higher register strings, flutes & brass can be somewhat piercing.

The Horns are NOT (and will not be. WAF principle has been invoked...) corner loaded. I use an SVC sub set at ~50hz.

System is First Watt F1, Eastern Electric Mini Preamp & Horns. Sources: Bolder modified Squeezebox & OPPO BDP 83 -> Musical Fidelity V90 DAC. We are generally really very pleased with the sound (and appearance...) of what we have.

Important data? We are both in our 70s and, thus far, do not need hearing aids. Knocking on wood sound...

Any and all suggestions, opinions and comments will be appreciated.

In advance,

Merci beau.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »

Hap, no problem. The series xover I now supply will work with the F1 or a "conventional" amp.
Hope this helps.
Ed
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »

I have an F1 and it works well with the Horn/Heil...John

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: