The Hornshoppe Forum
December 17, 2017, 05:03:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a custom ACA ..........  (Read 1673 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: June 19, 2014, 07:59:12 PM »

A custom ACA............
Coming soon, Ben's 6 ACA/Truth integrated with Boozhound phono stage and HS gain stage.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:46:13 PM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:13:52 AM »

Cool chassis Ed.  Cool

I like the idea of the exposed heat sink ends on the front.  It looks great with the contrasting materials and colors.  Did you make the chassis?  If so, you did a really nice job with it.  I like the blue a lot.  Smiley
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »

Hey Henry, yep, it's wood and was more trouble than I thought! I've been working on the one for Ben but have been really slow......I do NOT want to drill holes in his chassis and then change my mind! This one is just a simple power amp....his is way different!

The thing is running at exactly 10 volts (both sides) and hot as a firecracker! The heat sinks look bigger than the ACA kits but I'm not sure they "work better". I do not think it's "too hot" but compared to the giant Classe' chassis they are much hotter! I don't have an ACA kit to compare but I reckon it's  not running cooler than they do  Smiley

I wish it were mine.......
Ed

Henry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »

Those heat sinks look similar to the ones I have and they get pretty toasty after an hour or so.  I would imagine the ACA kit chassis gets hot as well.

The nice part is that a failure isn't too financially terrible.  Wink

It is a good looker for sure, nice work Mr. Ed.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: