The Hornshoppe Forum
December 17, 2017, 05:01:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shigaclone CD Transport  (Read 11861 times)
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 11:19:49 AM »

sonic,

To me audio is like art, very subjective.  Some people hear differences, some people do not.  For you there are no differences in power amps, preamps,transports,dacs,cd player, interconnects, speaker cables.  If you do not hear a difference then that is your reality. That is a good thing for you.
Just buy the cheapest product you can.  What is the difference between a cheap watch and an expensive watch?  The same as far as time goes.  Spend all your money on a good very good speaker or a good very good turntable.  Because audio is subjective a $50,000 speaker may not sound better to me than Ed's horns.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 09:24:42 AM »

Why me? 
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 09:29:26 AM »

sonic,

To me audio is like art, very subjective.  Some people hear differences, some people do not.  For you there are no differences in power amps, preamps,transports,dacs,cd player, interconnects, speaker cables.  If you do not hear a difference then that is your reality. That is a good thing for you.
Just buy the cheapest product you can.  What is the difference between a cheap watch and an expensive watch?  The same as far as time goes.  Spend all your money on a good very good speaker or a good very good turntable.  Because audio is subjective a $50,000 speaker may not sound better to me than Ed's horns.
It appears that you don't understand what I'm asking.  What objective data do these CD players / DAC sound believers base their sound quality claims on?
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 05:24:29 PM »

It appears to me that there are no objective testing done anymore. look at any reviews, there are no measurements done like in the old days.  What objective data is there to indicate that the Shigaclone is superior?  You have to take the Shigaclone to Audio magazine,Stereo Review, and High Fidelity magazine for testing.   For better or worse measurements are dead.  Ears rule in audio for now.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »

It appears to me that there are no objective testing done anymore. look at any reviews, there are no measurements done like in the old days.
Is that so?  Shocked
July 18, 2014: http://www.stereophile.com/content/musical-fidelity-v90-dac-da-processor-measurements
June 2, 2014: http://www.stereophile.com/content/primare-cd32-cd-player-measurements
Feb. 4, 2014: http://www.stereophile.com/content/benchmark-adc1-usb-ad-converter-measurements
Feb. 6, 2013: http://www.stereophile.com/content/arcam-fmj-d33-da-processor-measurements

What objective data is there to indicate that the Shigaclone is superior?  You have to take the Shigaclone to Audio magazine,Stereo Review, and High Fidelity magazine for testing.
I guess you've never heard of level matched listening comparison.
For better or worse measurements are dead.
Says who?  Probably those who don't know how to interpret audio measurements.
Ears rule in audio for now.
Always have, not just now.  The problem with some listeners is that they let their eyes interfere their evaluation decision, i.e. aesthetics and or price tag.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:03:20 AM by sonic » Logged
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2014, 10:06:11 AM »

audiostar,

here is the discussion about the sound of audio electronics.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:10:18 AM by sonic » Logged
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 11:24:23 AM »

For those who are interested, please read my first post about the Shigaclone story a 792 page thread with happy user reviews.  over and out.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »

happy user reviews. 
Often uninformed users are happy users of expensive CD players.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: