The Hornshoppe Forum
October 22, 2017, 06:36:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlehead DAC  (Read 20559 times)
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2015, 07:23:07 AM »

Guys,

When is a product overpriced?  When is a product too expensive?  My co-worker owns a BMW.  Is he driving an overpriced too expensive car?  Where do you draw the line in the sand?  Value judgements are a slippery slope.  It can bite you in the butt.  By all means make a judgement, but it is all relative. in the end who cares?  Bill Clinton can buy the most expensive dac in the world.  To him it is not over priced.  I can spend $5,000 on a Hi Fi.  My friend can spend only $100.  My hifi relative to him is overpriced.  So is a $16,000 dac superfluous?  Maybe maybe not.  You got the money buy it or buy something else or make it yourself.  You got your opinions and your set of facts don't expect me to agree with you.  And I don't expect you to agree with me.  Hi Fi is like abortion.  Nobody can agree.  What is the solution?  I don't know.
Do you have any answers to my questions above?  Sad

What is Hi Fi?  I have my answer to it but I would like to know what yours is.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2015, 07:23:52 AM »

Intolerance.
Which post of mine are you referring to?  Can you quote it?
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2015, 10:53:31 AM »

compare two watches,a cheap watch tells times as well as a good watch.  compare two dacs, no matter the difference in price they will both sound good.
I will label this the disbelievers in dacs.

The believers in dacs and believers in interconnect cables believe that one product will sound significantly better. 

This is a thread about people who have owned or reviewed the Bottlehead dac.  The makers of this dac believe that it is better than the competition.
The owners believe the bottlehead sounds superior to their previous dac. There may be an owner that thinks this dac is not as good sounding as others. for example the Berkeley DAC.

Me I am neutral about dacs.  I have not done any comparisons on my small budgets.  But I want to hear from the believers in dacs and cables.

If you don't believe in dacs why post on this thread?  No matter how hard you try or how logical you are you will not persuade or convince the believers.

audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2015, 11:50:36 AM »

If you are a disbeliever in dacs or cables, or wall outlets, create your own thread. If you believe that the Dac claims of the maker or reviewer are hype or snake oil create your own thread.

It is pointless to express your self  here.   All it does is create animosity.  East and West, the two will never meet.  The believers and disbelivers cannot co-exist.  Two objects cannot occupy the same space.  The pro abortion and the anti abortion cannot be in the same room.  They must must separated.

If you are a disbeliver in dacs I cannot agree with you and do not ask me why.  Your explanation fall on deaf ears.  we reject your arguments.  When it comes to cables many believe it is snake oil and now dacs there cannot be a civil discourse on the subject. Create your own thread and you can say what you want.  I will not go on your thread and Say I disagree with everything you say.  This subject is just too controversial to talk about. 
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »

compare two watches,a cheap watch tells times as well as a good watch.  compare two dacs, no matter the difference in price they will both sound good.
I will label this the disbelievers in dacs.

The believers in dacs and believers in interconnect cables believe that one product will sound significantly better. 

This is a thread about people who have owned or reviewed the Bottlehead dac.  The makers of this dac believe that it is better than the competition.
The owners believe the bottlehead sounds superior to their previous dac. There may be an owner that thinks this dac is not as good sounding as others. for example the Berkeley DAC.

Me I am neutral about dacs.  I have not done any comparisons on my small budgets.  But I want to hear from the believers in dacs and cables.

If you don't believe in dacs why post on this thread?  No matter how hard you try or how logical you are you will not persuade or convince the believers.

The title of this thread just says "Bottlehead DAC" and your opening post didn't say anything about what one should or shouldn't post.  Now that you've been asked technical questions, you want to change horses in midstream. Roll Eyes  This is open forum and people are free to post within the confines of forum rules.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2015, 12:38:33 PM »

If you are a disbeliever in dacs or cables, or wall outlets, create your own thread. If you believe that the Dac claims of the maker or reviewer are hype or snake oil create your own thread.

It is pointless to express your self  here.   All it does is create animosity.  East and West, the two will never meet.  The believers and disbelivers cannot co-exist.  Two objects cannot occupy the same space.  The pro abortion and the anti abortion cannot be in the same room.  They must must separated.

If you are a disbeliver in dacs I cannot agree with you and do not ask me why.  Your explanation fall on deaf ears.  we reject your arguments.  When it comes to cables many believe it is snake oil and now dacs there cannot be a civil discourse on the subject. Create your own thread and you can say what you want.  I will not go on your thread and Say I disagree with everything you say.
What you desire sounds like you want to start your own forum and dictate how people should post.  Kind of fascistic if you ask me...  Sad

This subject is just too controversial to talk about. 
No, it isn't.  Maybe to you but in general, the double blind test results support the none audible difference side.
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2015, 01:13:39 PM »

A guys buys the Berkeley dac for$16,000 and it is a thread concerning your experience with the Berkeley dac and you state on the thread that competent designed dacs don't matter when it is level matched.  Don't expect the users to agree with you.

sonic, I have read your many post on the subject of DACS.  You know my position on DACS.  And I have told you contentious the subject is.

You are 100% right.  But I still categorically reject your point of view.  These guys buy a dac and they and the makers believe the dac sound better than the competition.  Let me be very very clear.  I disagree with everything you say.  you hear what you hear and nobody can tell you different.  Have a nice day.
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2015, 01:23:19 PM »

Intolerance.
Which post of mine are you referring to?  Can you quote it?

No, I have no desire to dredge the past.  When you read and accept is when you become a real man.
audiostar

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »

Are you guys saying that the claims of the maker of the dac are false?  After 2 years the maker of the dac says that he improved his dac, that it sounds superior to his old dac.  Is this false?  There are many picky dac buyers.  They just got rid of their dac and bought a better sounding one.  Is that delusional?  I will give the benefit of the doubt to the buyer and the dac maker.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2015, 03:54:40 PM »

No, I have no desire to dredge the past.
Translation: you didn't know which post you were talking about

When you read and accept is when you become a real man.
and you still don't.   Roll Eyes
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2015, 03:58:33 PM »

A guys buys the Berkeley dac for$16,000 and it is a thread concerning your experience with the Berkeley dac and you state on the thread that competent designed dacs don't matter when it is level matched.  Don't expect the users to agree with you.

sonic, I have read your many post on the subject of DACS.  You know my position on DACS.  And I have told you contentious the subject is.

You are 100% right.  But I still categorically reject your point of view.  These guys buy a dac and they and the makers believe the dac sound better than the competition.  Let me be very very clear.  I disagree with everything you say.  you hear what you hear and nobody can tell you different.  Have a nice day.
Out of curiosity, when did you get into electronic audio hobby?

A personal question which you don't have to answer if you don't feel like, what is your age range (10 year interval)?
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2015, 04:01:53 PM »

Are you guys saying that the claims of the maker of the dac are false?  After 2 years the maker of the dac says that he improved his dac, that it sounds superior to his old dac.  Is this false?  There are many picky dac buyers. 
Those are called "marketing".  Business 101.

They just got rid of their dac and bought a better sounding one.  Is that delusional?
Perhaps objective comparison would reveal the answer.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to the buyer and the dac maker.
To strangers?
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »

I laughed out loud at your bolded statement. Thanks it made my day!

No bad wishes to you, sonic.

Take care.
johnnycopy, next time your urge to laugh out loud at someone's post returns, chew on the following quoted post.

If you are a disbeliver in dacs I cannot agree with you and do not ask me why.  Your explanation fall on deaf ears.  we reject your arguments.  When it comes to cables many believe it is snake oil and now dacs there cannot be a civil discourse on the subject. Create your own thread and you can say what you want.  I will not go on your thread and Say I disagree with everything you say.  This subject is just too controversial to talk about. 
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2015, 05:10:05 PM »

Aren't we a happy group.

I think my watch comparison metaphor wasn't the best. Let's just say that I accept that any two well designed pieces of equipment, in this age of scientific knowledge, should at the very least sound very similar.
 There are lots of variables in anyone's system. Even in how we listen to music. If two pieces sound very different, one or both have a problem. (I don't include the amp, speaker cable, speaker interface. Nor turntables and cartridges. Too many variables.)

For example, I own two different Bluray players. Which is better? Neither! I need one with a more comprehensive feature set. People tell me to consider an Oppo player. I will. It would be easy to dismiss opinions, but unless they are totally off the wall, what harm is there in listening? Audio isn't politics.

Steve
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »

This video is worth a repeat, especially for audiostar and johnnycopy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: