The Hornshoppe Forum
November 17, 2018, 10:09:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, this sums it up......  (Read 10297 times)
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »

Haven't you got it yet?
The system over here means State buys wholesale, and at affordable prices. Obabacare copy translates as "you can choose between any sorts of cholera, just tick the box of the most expensive company I allow into the competition".
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »

The ACA was a poorly conceived health care plan from the get go.  It was a compromise, and an incorrect one, to an incredibly complex problem.
But they went with it.  Not just went but forced through as if it's the divine will or something in that importance.   Do you know why?
ND we aren't getting as good of care as those of other countries.
In what ways?  Is the comparison based on same (apple to apple) criteria?
I know four families who went through catastrophic healthcare situations recently. Two went bankrupt because they exceeded policy limits. One had no limit, but deductibles put them in fairly heavy debt. The last family had a Rolls Royce policy and nominal costs.
Everyone knows someone who went through something.  Do you know any families in other nations whose members died while waiting for treatment or died because the proper treatment wasn't available?
Personally, I would like to see almost all funding applied at state levels, both in taxation and spending. (Even that wouldn't be completely fair. In my state one county accounts for half of the state's income, adding in the seven surrounding ones, raise the total to 85%. I guess that makes the majority of counties deadbeats.)
Personally, I think the massive funds for this care act should be spent on those who actually need the help and not on everyone.  Say, 20+ million who are not insured, set aside funds to deal with them.  ## million with pre-existing conditions, set aside funds to deal with them instead of changing everyone's system.  But you know they won't because this Care Act isn't about caring for the health of people.  Do you or anyone else know what this really is about?
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »

Pit, I agree. In America, the primary purpose of healthcare is to make money.There aren't any incentives for well care.

Sonic,
1. Yes. A fear of not being able to do so later. The old do something even if it's wrong. Now the opposition wants to do nothing, even if it's wrong.
2. No, the systems are run differently. Our emergency care is first class. We lack abysmally in terms of prevention and cost control.
3. No. I suspect those lack of care stories are fables. I have met people who went to Mexico to get elective surgeries and dental care, because of much lower costs.
4. Please explain.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:31:17 PM by Steve F » Logged
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »

The part that eludes me is why did the ACA have to be a comprehensive train wreck.  We should have taken this issue on in bites where things that everyone agrees on (pre-existing conditions is one) could have been handled in individual bills.  That way, all the hidden shit surprises wouldn't be there.

But no, Obama and crew in their zeal to socialize medicine, completely dissed the idea of making reasonably sized steps in reforming healthcare.  It is hard to deny that this is going to be a mess, regardless of which side you're on.  And I'm still pissed they suspended the normal 2/3 majority rule to pass this defective dog pile.

I'll sit here with my bad attitude and wait for the low-information mouth breathers ("LIMB") to realize this healthcare stuff isn't just another give away program.  Then I'll startle my cat when I routinely yell at the televised apologists that offer up a silver lining (we need more meaningless anecdotal evidence supporting the ACA).  Grin

Of course, the IRS penalty assessed against the LIMB for not buying insurance will just be a reduction in their unjust tax refunds anyway.  Smiley

edit: Damn, I'm one bitter old man!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:31:04 PM by Henry » Logged
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 06:53:52 PM »

Henry, don't scare the poor cat.
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »

Pit, I agree. In America, the primary purpose of healthcare is to make money.There aren't any incentives for well care.
It's health insurance business.  Just like car insurance, it's there to cover the cost.  Medical technology in this country is one of the top notch in the world but some people complain because it isn't free.  Roll Eyes  Good services do cost in reality.  Without it, the technology we currently have wouldn't have existed.
1. Yes. A fear of not being able to do so later. The old do something even if it's wrong. Now the opposition wants to do nothing, even if it's wrong.
That's called corruption, no?  Former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich is in jail for corruption.  Bill Clinton got impeached.  There are consequences for corruption.  Not all get exposed but that doesn't mean it's right.
2. No, the systems are run differently. Our emergency care is first class. We lack abysmally in terms of prevention and cost control.
Based on what "apple to apple" comparison stats?
3. No. I suspect those lack of care stories are fables.
You know what's much more helpful than suspicion?  Facts.
I have met people who went to Mexico to get elective surgeries and dental care, because of much lower costs.
I've gotten dental care at good rates here in the States.  It takes a bit of shopping around.  Plus, do you know what the premium for typical dental insurance is?  Hint, much much lower than typical health insurance.  As for the elective surgery, you mean none life threatening stuff?
4. Please explain.
It's about the expansion of the government control.  Unless you were being silly, I'm surprised that you needed explanation on this.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 10:46:17 PM »

Hey guys, don't know or care what this means but it is true. Helen's mom went to Mexico "to get her teeth fixed". She called it a vacation. She was there 2 weeks I think. She got something like 9 crowns and a few fillings. I actually think she said "implants" and not crowns but what ever............I saw the bill. It was $1200 dollars.......total. She said the guys office "was state of the art, modern". Her freaking teeth, all of them, looked "new". She made us look at them, she was so happy. I was shocked at how little she was charged. It's been 2 years now and they seem to be holding up Wink
Ed
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »

$1200... that will cover one crown and I'd pay about half of that cost even with my insurance.  I found that out after I cracked a tooth munching on some pistachios.  Turns out there was a small pebble in the bag.  Doh!
sonic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 05:08:59 PM »

Did you save the evidence?  You may have been able to recoup the total cost from the company.
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »

Did you save the evidence?  You may have been able to recoup the total cost from the company.

No, I figured it wouldn't make a good case, especially after they examined my character. Cheesy

It was after a 12-hour shift in the machine shop from hell and I was very tired.  I should have been paying more attention to what I was shoving into my mouth.  Lesson learned.  Wink
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 06:21:30 AM »

The low information Americans are finally getting a harsh dose of reality.  A guy interviewed by the local news disdainfully stated,
"How could I make too much money not to get (healthcare) insurance?"

He meant, "How could I make too much money not to get completely subsidized healthcare insurance?"  These morons thought this would be another government give-away program. 

Let the mass whining and IRS smiting begin.  Kiss
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 06:23:42 PM »

Working in a machine shop, it can be hard to know when you are out of nuts.

Sort of like, if you eat a tongue sandwich, how do know when to stop? Grin...John   

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 09:55:08 PM »

There  website is finely working, click on "apply now"

http://home.roadrunner.com/~pjrpole/ACA.html

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 10:43:21 PM »

My friend is still unable to complete her application after several months of trying.  The site seems to take a dump near the end of the application process in her case.  Oh well, I'm sure her sign up issue is an isolated incident since we've been assured that the major website problems have been "addressed". Cheesy

She's one of the fortunate that had her medical insurance cancelled, er... I meant to say, given the opportunity to upgrade. Grin
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33:53 AM »

Bread from Heaven, for all!
and we managed to to sell the idea to our sponsors

Back to dumpster raiding, or relying on whoever didn´t believe O´Barmy was more than a hollow point bullet.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: