The Hornshoppe Forum
October 23, 2017, 09:04:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many have the Truth or Naked Truth??  (Read 6849 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 09:39:24 AM »

Charles, I'm certainly not going to allow you to pay for my screw up! I just can't believe I did it!
I'll shoot you tracking info later.
Ed
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 04:44:07 PM »

Ouch. What a shame. It happens.
I wish I knew that a second input was possible in a NT.

Steve
theophile

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 02:35:32 AM »

Count me as another who moved-up from a TSGG to The Truth and will never regret it for as long as I live.

What I will say, is that we don't listen to The Truth. It is so 'anonymous' that you are listening to the components upstream as they would sound if they could drive cables well and magically adjust volume. The Truth really behaves as if it wasn't there and the upstream components were ideal. It's output is such a perfect representation of what is fed into it that it becomes difficult to say what The Truth really sounds like.

I could fudge and say that it does this or that or the other better that my old preamp, but that more explains the limitations of my old preamp. I'd say that The Truth is the ideal window for those who feel that the Source component is paramount/fundamental component in the system chain. Feed The Truth a compromised signal and it will faithfully relay all that is acceptable and all that is execrable to your speakers. That's what the Truth does. No sugar coating. What you hear is what the upstream components can convey to The Truth. The Truth will optimise the conveyance of that signal. The Truth will optimise the adjusting of the volume. However The Truth is not in the business of glamourising anything.

Now that you have The Truth: How good is your Source component/ the upstream components? The Truth will repay sonically and musically all optimising of the Source to an extent that is shocking. Truth owners - look to your front-end components. Therein lies great rewards.   

Turntable - Yamaha GT 2000
Cartridge - Soundsmith The Voice (ebony).
Phono stage - Moon LP 5.3
Preamp - Hornshoppe The Truth
Speakers - KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitors
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 08:21:59 PM »

Thanks Theophile, I appreciate the support!
Ed
theophile

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 09:04:14 PM »

Ed your creation is capable of wonderous things when the upstream components can relay that to it. No crappy Source nor murky speakers will illustrate its virtue. Give it a stunning set of upstream components and hi-rez speakers and watch the ugly duckling transform into the most beautiful swan.

The Truth unlocked the potential of my system which is very strong in the Source area(turntable/ cartridge/ phono stage) and very, very strong in the speaker department. The turntable, cartridge and phono stage have all been in my system for at least 4 years. The speakers around 9 months. You could say that I have been learning the sound of this system since getting the speakers. The speakers necessitated a refamiliarisation with the best recordings that I own because it was like hearing them all over again for the first time. Such was the improvement that the KRKs wrought. The Truth repeated that necessity for reassessment also, because it has proved to be the cornerstone of a new comprehension of what lies in the grooves of my records(besides dust). What the KRKs and The Truth have collectively done to my system, is to illustrate to me just how capable my front-end components are, just how my records really sound and just how great stereo can be (which is darn good    Grin ).

I don't get to hear reproduction this good routinely. I've heard some great components over the last 35+ years and I've heard two that have approached $100,000 in recent years. None of them sounded this good and believe me when I say that some of the systems that I've heard over the years sounded excellent. You have made something special with this unassuming little preamp.

Turntable - Yamaha GT 2000
Cartridge - Soundsmith The Voice (ebony).
Phono stage - Moon LP 5.3
Preamp - Hornshoppe The Truth
Speakers - KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitors
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: