The Hornshoppe Forum
November 22, 2017, 03:59:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How many have the Truth or Naked Truth??  (Read 6983 times)
oceanfront59

View Profile Email
« on: June 28, 2013, 03:10:33 PM »

I have been a long time customer/friend of Ed's. Just last month decided to pull the plug and ordered a Naked Truth. Ed felt in my situation I could go with the lesser Naked Truth as opposed to the Truth. Getting really excited about the purchase and it will most likely replace my beloved Transcendent GG preamp.

Associated gear:

Power:    Audiosector Patek amp
Source:   Denon 5910 ( Upgrade Co modded)
Speakers: The HORNS and CUBE

What can I expect from adding the Naked Truth in the mix and how many out there have the Truth or Naked Truth?

Peter
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »

I have the Truth and have heard the "naked" version many times.  Get ready to really hear your Denon.  Wink  It should make quite a discernible difference... for the better.  Dynamics will command your attention and leading edges are fast.  The increased detail will reveal more layers to the music.

I have a TSGG and have no reservations declaring the Truth as a better preamp.
johnnycopy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »

I was lucky enough to come across a rare used truth.

I did initially find it a tad bright in my system, but after adding herbies tube dampers and herbies feet upstream, I rectified my issue.

Revealing, naked truth. I love it.  Neil young at massey hall is astoundingly real, and all music types benefit from the Increased micro and macro dynamics, pace, and realism.

Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 05:50:12 AM »

I've never heard the Truth. I do have a Naked Truth on order. I'm waiting for Ed to get parts, quit crashing dirt bikes, etc. I have a Morrison ELAD which is a really nice preamp. (No longer made, but there are very few preamps that compare) I am convinced that SS preamps are better choices for most of us, even if we enjoy tube power amps.
 I sort of have a GG too. Well our buddy Buzz has it. I think its a science project these days.   Smiley.
I don't think anyone except Henry has any time with the NT yet. So when you get yours, you can sell me your GG. I want one to gift to a young audiophile.

Steve
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 06:40:56 AM »

Thanks guys. There is little if any difference in the sound between the two. The only real difference is the Truth can drive very, very long cables and multiple outputs. The Naked Truth can not. By very, very long, I mean 30 feet or more. The Naked truth should be used with "normal length cables", 3-6 feet.

The naked Truth can be "upgraded" at any time should one develop a need for long cables or a second output. I have not upgraded mine.

Keep in mind the Naked Truth was designed to go inside the case with an F5 clone to form the "Sublime Integrated". I've been way too busy to return to that project but I was interested to see if the thing would work so I built one and put it in a box. I knew it would be very good in it's intended role but was not sure how it would do as a stand alone. It far exceeded my expectations. It'll exceed yours too.

Steve, you're up.......It'll be done next week and on the way. Shoot me a shipping address!
Ed
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 08:45:50 AM »

WhoooHooooo !!!

Can't wait.

Steve
oceanfront59

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 09:12:50 AM »

Thanks guys,

I am like a kid in a new neighborhood candy shop..
Still slightly confused on the what the front and back of the unit looks like. I guess i will have to be surprised.

Johnnycopy: I too have the Neil Young "Live at Massey" recording it sounds great on my current system. Listen to it many times. As you know a very intimate setting he recorded this in. No doubt with the new edition inserted  in it will notch up the recorded performance much more.

Steve F.. I will keep you posted on this outcome and about the TSGG..

Ed as always you ROCK  and I can't wait to ROCK with the new arrival.. Glad you got back on the bike so soon and are recuperating...
johnnycopy

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 06:08:19 PM »

Oceanfront,

Yep you got it with neil,same with norah, allison, and any other great vocalist,  but the truth is outstanding with all.  Try kraftwerk, the mix, an awesome, pounding driving energy.  P.s. play them loud.  Smiley

oceanfront59

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »

Thanks for the input.. I do have one other question. Didn't want to bug busy Ed..

I am going to use my Naked Truth on two separate sources.. One will be for a DENON 5910 player and the other will be for my Uverse TV receiver. I don't think I will have any issues with gain/volume on the DENON but I do need to know if there will enough gain/volume to power the TV receiver..

BTW: According to Ed's latest email  My Naked Truth is on route to sunny So. Cal!!

Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 02:20:26 PM »

Well, I completely screwed up. I sent Peter's with only one input. It should have had 3, like he paid for. I'll fix it but I just felt like admitting I screwed up. He's disappointed, as he should be.  I screwed up.
Ed
johnnycopy

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »

Oceanfront,  i have a denon 2930ci upgraded by the upgrade company.  No issue with it and the truth volume wise.
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 12:15:23 AM »

Ed, Manure occurs.
Magidrakee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 08:00:34 AM »

Hey Ed, does that mean that an unexpected 3-input bonus Naked Truth is coming to Canada? Cheesy
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »

ARRRRGHHHHH................... yes. In the mail...................
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:49:37 AM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Magidrakee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 09:04:55 AM »

Argh... and double-crossing the border is a mess.

Ed, email-me with the extra cost, I'm sure we can figure something out.

Charles
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: