The Hornshoppe Forum
August 23, 2017, 04:53:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Naked Truth.........  (Read 5343 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »

Ok, so you've heard about the Truth but at almost a 1000 bucks and the fact it's not made by a "real company" may have made you hesitant.

While I was deciding how to implement The Truth into the Classe' integrated I discovered something. I'm not going into details but as I got into it I realized that something new was in the air.

The Naked Truth.....one input, buy an outboard switch box if you want more, one output, buy an RCA splitter if you want more, no balance, you won't care. The circuit is similar and it can be upgraded to The (whole) Truth later.

Externally they are the same. Internally they are similar. It may very well be the best you've heard unless you know The Truth Smiley

The cost is 750 and includes shipping. I completed the initial run and had to raise the price due to the increase in all the parts and cases.

Ed
ps...it's not quirky!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:46:46 AM by Ed Schilling » Logged
steve f
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »

Ed, check your E-mail. I want one.

Steve
Magidrakee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:26:40 AM »

Could you please elaborate a little more on the differences between the two internally?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 08:18:06 AM »

Hey Magidrakee, sure I could, but I'm not so sure I want to! It is different but yet very similar. Most specs apply. Had I not decided to build "The Sublime" I never would have tried it. Input impedance is still too high to measure....the output impedance is difficult to measure but Madonna "Erotica" with a 30 foot IC on the output into my CFA is fantastic. Ditto John Prine and Iris Demint.

It is not better than The truth. It is every bit as good. There will be no options, except remote but that adds to the cost substantially. Buy it for the low cost and insane performance, not for convenience.   It's The Naked Truth, if options are desired including a balance control, you'll need The Truth.

As usual, I should have thought of this first! Of course had I, then The Truth would not exist or would just now be emerging!

Ed
steve f
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »

Okay, no options. A pretty color would be nice though. I'm thinking hot rod red.

Steve.  Cool
Magidrakee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 08:27:13 AM »

I understand that you don't want to give all the secrets... Wink

Does it still uses photocells to control the volume?
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »

Yes, as well as the buffers. It is just configured a little differently........I did not intend on it running long cables and I am not adding any multiple inputs or outputs. maybe a balance but I'm thinking "no" right now....this is how it can be "cheap".

It's all the performance in a simpler  pkg. because of no options. Well, just a couple.....

1. any color case........
2. remote..adds 250 bucks.....not recommended only because I'm cheap and I want it to be.

I don't think it can run cables as long as The Truth and multiple inputs are not going to happen but other than that they should and do "sound pretty much the same". The specs are the same except for output impedance, but even that is close, I reckon.

Hope this helps.
Ed

Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »

Bump to top!
Ed
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 12:43:25 PM »

Hi Ed;

Are you going to add a write up on the Naked Truth on your website?

Maybe some pics?
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »

Adding a balance?
Ed, I know you are crazy but you ain´t stupid.
SC solid and "less is more" - no 70´s gimmicks.

And anyway - a decent balance pot (DACT or so) would cost more than you usually pay for a car. Roll Eyes
Henry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 07:18:41 PM »

Hey Pit, I think his balance scheme doesn't affect the signal, so it doesn't require boutique gizmos. Ed needs to befriend a patent attorney. Wink
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 07:29:54 PM »

Rather adopt a honest snake than let an attorney in your house.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: