The Hornshoppe Forum
December 12, 2017, 10:51:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Horn Fest 2013?  (Read 12747 times)
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »

I'll be there Friday.  I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday, things have been quiet.   Smiley

Can't wait to see you guys again, it's always a good time.  Grin

PS - I lost a bunch of weight this year (65 lbs), so don't be shocked when you see me.  I have dieted myself right out of sleep apnea and all of my clothes.  All it took was for that jerky sleep doctor to laugh in my face when I told him I'd rather drop the weight than be strapped to an air pump.  He didn't think I was capable and pretty much told me so.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:30:30 PM by Henry » Logged
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 07:56:36 PM »

Damn Henry, you've lost half what I weigh!

Randy, Is Geoff coming? Sidney will be disappointed if he's not. I think we'll be alright.....several of the regulars will be MIA and we'll miss them but we'll soldier on!

We're really looking forward to seeing you guys again and of course any new folks that wander on in!
Ed
steve f
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 09:24:44 PM »

Congrats Henry. I've been losing a lot of weight too. Different medical reason, but I got the same jack ass attitude from my doctor too. Between us, we've lost an Ed!

I am really going to miss joining in all of the Fest fun this year.

steve
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:03:10 PM by steve f » Logged
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 02:51:18 AM »

Thanks Steve and good for you as well.  Surprising how the compassionate folks at your local med facilities can be very discouraging, eh?   Wink

Hurry up and get settled in so you can come next time!
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »

Ha ha ha. The old (psychological) trick still works.

Tell someone they can't do something, and they will prove you wrong. Parents have used this trick on kids 'thousands' of times.

Glad for you guys that dropped 6o odd pounds. I wished I could drop a few pounds. Guess I need to go to the doctor as well and have him tell me that I can't loose it.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

But hey, I am aware of that trick  Sad Sad Sad
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 05:49:50 AM »

Hey Capt.,
I thought about that, but seriously and unfortunately, this guy wasn't that clever.  Sad

I can cite other things he said and did in the short time I had the displeasure of his company that would make you understand that he wasn't attempting to "trick" me.  He wanted the enrollment ($$$), not an alternative.  The guy was a complete jerk.  And I won't get into his nationality either, but he reinforces those generic nasty comments you often hear from the local non-thinkers. Bummer.  Sad 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 06:04:41 AM by Henry » Logged
Randy in Caintuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 06:06:23 AM »

Randy, Is Geoff coming? Sidney will be disappointed if he's not. I think we'll be alright.....several of the regulars will be MIA and we'll miss them but we'll soldier on!

We're really looking forward to seeing you guys again and of course any new folks that wander on in!
Ed

Hey Ed,

As far as I know, Geoff will be making the trip with me .....  Smiley

I will be rolling in on Friday.  The original plan was to come on Thursday, but it looks like Rob won't be able to make it this year and I will be visiting him on Thursday.

Man ..... from Caintuck to Columbus, Ohio to South Carolina in two days ..... it's a good thing I enjoy audio road trips AND my ride gets great gas mileage .....  Grin

Randy

Rega Saturn-R transport
Camelot Uther DAC with Anagram upgrade
La Dolce Audio UA1.5 pentode amplifier
Decware SE84UFO, the Spud, Flea Watt amplifiers
Caintuck Audio Betsy open baffle speakers
Caintuck Audio Alpha open baffle subs
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »

Ill be there, not sure if it will be Thursday or Friday yet...John

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
steve f
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 03:05:43 PM »

Just remember to take pictures & write a lot about the Fest. Inquiring minds, and even a few of us who can't attend are going to want to be in the know.

steve    Cool
Sara

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 06:28:27 AM »

I am super excited that I will be making a rare appearance at the Fest this year - Derek (husband) and I will arrive Thursday. 

Hooray!

Sara
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 07:30:16 AM »

We are really looking forward to seeing you all again. We realize how expensive it has become to get here and are in awe that you guys still come.

We will be missing several good friends this year, Rob, Buzz, Homey, Bill, Kris, come to mind. We wish y'all could make it but understand.

John and I talked and we think we are going to make a serious attempt at a 2 stage rocket with a recovery system (for a change). We really enjoy building and shooting it. For safety this year we have a cage for it.
We also still have the bottle rockets from last year, maybe it will be wet enough to use them Wink

I did get the Naked Truth running but the Sublime may not be ready for prime time, we'll see.

See you guys in a few days!
Ed
numa
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 02:19:09 PM »

Hey all, Kris here.  Sorry I can't make it this year to Hornfest 2013.  We had a baby girl about a month ago, and she's too young for the car ride or for me to be gone for 5 days.   I will take this opportunity to show off Claire, http://dangerbees.com.  Have fun @ 'fest. 
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 03:59:01 PM »

Hey Kris, congrats man.  Maybe next year she'll be walking the strap with you guys.  Grin
DowdyLama

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 08:37:09 AM »

I'm posting my regrets to all. 
Have fun - hope I'll see you next year!

Jim
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »

If I might plagiarize the Dowdy Lama,

I regret not making the Horn Fest for another year. Who invented this work concept? Hopefully next year the calendar will be in my favor.

Have fun, and be safe!

Tod
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: