The Hornshoppe Forum
December 12, 2018, 02:03:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: All I want for Christmas is bourbon  (Read 8274 times)
tooppy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 04:01:34 PM »

The red man brought to me a bottle of " Bruichladdich "  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKYNYFhT3wY
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 12:34:42 PM »

Don´t start me on that. Islay - so small an island producing so many so wonderful and so wonderfully different whiskies...crazy.

(For all y´all´s eyes only - try Laphroaig. The only top notch Scottish Malt no female likes. Your wife will leave you alone with your girlfriend, and girlie will drink something cheap.

Pit
Luddite

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »

(For all y´all´s eyes only - try Laphroaig. The only top notch Scottish Malt no female likes. Your wife will leave you alone with your girlfriend, and girlie will drink something cheap.

Pit

Good one, Pit! That made me laugh right out loud.
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 01:05:01 PM »

Stop laughing - get yourself sea maps. The distillery gets the main wind across a completely tanged bay. Girls think "Dentist aroma".
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 01:06:42 PM by Pit Hinder » Logged
homey

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »

I'm not a big drinker, but I do like Tequila once in awhile,   good tequila
 is expensive so I only drink it maybe 1 day a week.
Some of the really great stuff goes for $330+ per bottle, No thanks!  I stick to the $40-50 bottles,
I usually stick to these ones here.....
1921 Reposada
Milagro Silver, or Milagro double barrel Reposada
Cabo Wabo Reposada

If you are mixing drinks,  buy the cheap crap (cuervo, etc.) but if you are drinking
it straight, like I do,  these ones I mentioned are nice & smooth, especially the Milagro, &
the flavor is great since these are all from 100% blue Agave cactus.

I usually do not fool with Anejo Tequilas, They are aged , usually 1 - 3 years & the tequila takes on a different flavor from
oak barrels, & the good Anejo's are just too expensive for my blood.  They are generally smoother,
& have less of the Tequila taste, almost like a brandy but not quite.  Oh yeah, & Whoever said Americans don't drink Brandy
was wrong, I do! not alot, but  I'll take a swig here & there.

And I had some moonshine a few weeks ago at a biker camp out, They had a huge jug of it, just like Granny
on the beverly Hillbillies.
the campout out was named, "Hazard County Reunion" & they even had a daisy dukes contest.
They also had endless home made chili, all you wanted, & 10 kegs of Bush Beer, & a raging bon fire
that went all night, Man I hope they do that again next year.

Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 09:18:46 PM »

Bourbon update for those who may be interested:

So, the kid turned 10 today, and after having 20+ kids at the house for a birthday party I hit the stash of squeezin's to recover.

My little bourbon collection now includes:
-Willet Pot Still Reserve (nice but not worth the money)
-Larceny (smooth, sweet, bit light on flavor)
-Buffalo Trace (kind of thin)
-Evan Williams White Bottled-in-Bond (great value, good everyday for me)

So far I have to say I like the Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond (white label) and Larceny (wheated) bourbons the best. At 100 proof and lots of flavor, the EV BIB is a good cheap date.  Shocked

Of the others I've had:
Makers Mark: I like the smooth sweet but kind of want a bigger finish, want to try "Makers 46"
Evan Williams black label: Good basic mixer, I'll have to try it again
Elijah Craig: Very nice but maybe a bit too rye spicy for my taste
Kirkland (Costco) Bourbon: Unless something else knocks my socks off, this would be my everyday choice, for the price, so far.

I think I prefer the sweetness of the wheated bourbons, so I'm looking for Maker's 46 and Weller 12 yr. Maybe we can have a bourbon tasting at Hornfest!  Grin
steve f
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 04:14:13 PM »

Now yer talkin' ... Guns, music, and booze!
Cheerwino

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 05:13:45 PM »

Now yer talkin' ... Guns, music, and booze!

Hell yeah! You and Brandi can bring a fifth of Wild Turkey 101! Heck, make it a handle and bring the other Brandy, too! Cheesy

BTW, you know there's a bottom shelf bourbon called Rebel Yell. I bet it goes well with Maurice's barbecue!
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 10:25:44 PM »

Roll Eyes Rebel Yell - don´t. One man from the loudspeaker community confessed that the stuff has formatted half his high school memories off his naturally given harddrive even before he got home.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: