The Hornshoppe Forum
August 22, 2019, 03:04:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heil mounting kits  (Read 430 times)
Henry

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2019, 12:12:16 AM »

Has anyone tried the factory mounting kit from ESS to mount the large Heils to the Horns?  It consists of two long bolts, a thin rubber base, bolt caps and a modular hookup block.  It looks intriguing for us that seem to knock those things around (or have pets that do).  The major issue it seems is the bolts use t-nuts that would mount inside the top plate of the Horns and of course, you'd need to keep that compression chamber air tight with silicone.  Other than pulling the fostexes to have access to the inside, it looks simple enough.  I think they cost $25 for each kit.

Maybe a long thin lag bolt could be used to make this process easier where the compression chamber wouldn't be penetrated at all.  The lag bolt (if they could be found) wouldn't be as strong, but may be substantial enough to prevent Fido, Fluffy or a two-legged friend from scooting an AMT to it's death.

Just wondering again...
Capt. Z

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 04:57:03 AM »

Didn't even know that there was a mounting kit.

But I would assume Blue-Tack will keep your Heils pretty good attached to the Horns without 'harming' the Horns.

I have some other speakers in my living room attached to their stands with Blue-Tack and it takes quiet some effort to pull them off.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: