The Hornshoppe Forum
December 12, 2018, 02:43:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a new motorcycle  (Read 10187 times)
2wo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 09:31:21 PM »

I don't know. this year I got my 88 BMW GS back on the the road...I don't think there is a better bike Cool...John

"...there was a knock on the door and a voice shouted "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" and I thought it was a delivery"
Pit Hinder

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 10:57:48 PM »

John, the GS is the most user friendly bike ever made.
OK - if you think it´s ugly, want to give it away and send it back to Germany...just phone me.

Grin Pit
donnie2

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »

I love my GS. I hope to keep it. It is one of the best motorcycles that I have ever owned. I've ridden it into places that a 1200 cc motorcycle shouldn't go, way off road, deep into the woods. It ain't no Gas Gas or Beta but it has a whole bunch of horspower to get you out, or in, trouble.
I do see that there is a new watercooled version coming. One of these days I'm going to run out of money and not be able to buy new toys, but until then......
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »

Donnie, funny you should mention Gas gas and Beta...I rode my GG this morning for about 20 miles through the woods and dirt roads with my buddy Byron. He's the mechanic at the Triumph dealer and the fellow who rebuilt The Bunny. They have a 450 Beta for sale. Too big for me for a dirt bike but I keep looking at it and thinking....."big fat street tires".........

The Gas Gas is a stupid good motorcycle. It feels "refined". It feels expensive, and it is, and you can tell the instant that you start it and take off that it's worth every penny. The KX and Bunny may be as effective and as potent but they do not feel "expensive and refined". I love them all.

You guys are a lot braver than I am to be riding on the street, in traffic. I do roads but mainly dirt and if pavement they are back country roads. A simple fall on pavement can really mess you up.....if I fall in the woods (Ha! like that could happen) it is unlikely I'll be even scraped up.

Here are my babies...... (must be logged in to see images).

I did not put those dents in the Bunny's pipe! The green one is the KX 125, light and bad to the bone.
The red one is Helen's CRF230L....notice how short it is compared to the KX....it is easy to ride!
Ed

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:46:03 AM by Ed Schilling » Logged
donnie2

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 01:14:17 PM »

This is a picture of my BSA Goldstar Alloy Clipper trials bike.
My father bought this motorcycle new in 1957. My first memory in life is riding on this motorcycle.
This motorcycle was restored by Dick Mann, 2 time winner of the Daytona 200, 2 times national champ and the first person to win a Grand Slam in motorcycle racing. (short track, 1/2 mile, TT, Mile and roadrace)
I won 2 national championships in vintage trials on this bike.

Mac

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »

Donnie,

That is a manly trials bike.

mac
donnie2

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »

I am rather manly Grin
steve f
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »

All this reading about bikes inspired me to go for a ride tonight. I couldn't find either set of of keys! Where do things like that go to hide? I looked everywhere. I found other stuff I'd lost, but no ride for me.

Steve.   Huh
tooppy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 01:40:56 PM »

All this reading about bikes inspired me to go for a ride tonight. I couldn't find either set of of keys! Where do things like that go to hide? I looked everywhere. I found other stuff I'd lost, but no ride for me.

Steve.   Huh

No stress, you won't break your leg nor fall on your ass then  Grin
steve f
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »

Ahha.. I or rather Julie found one of the keys. Back in business again!

Steve.  Cool
donnie2

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »

steve f ,
Pop a wheelie for me.
Unless you live in Illinois, they are illegal here now. So is riding one handed.
I guess that my one armed buddy can't ride anymore.
steve f
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 09:45:43 PM »

Donnie,

I live in the Chicago area. Didn't know wheelies were illegal. Politicians suck. Your buddy sounds cool.

A one handed story... There's a guy in the neighborhood who rides a big Kawasaki cruiser. I'd always wave, and he never responded. So one day, I waved and he ignored me again, then I gave him the finger. He goes around the block and pulls into my driveway. He asked why did I flip him off. I said that I had been waving at him all season, and being a neighbor and fellow rider a wave is friendly thing to do. He said that he wanted to wave but he was afraid to let go of the bars! After we both laughed I said I was sorry.

Steve
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: